Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gifts from Santa

Hayden and me on Christmas afternoon at Nana's house.
Christmas day was only 5 days ago, yet to me it almost seems like it was 5 weeks ago! I finally have a chance to get to the computer and work on my blog, but once again it's 11:25pm, and I'd rather go to sleep - so this post will take me a couple of days. The last few days have been full-on with a few disasters keeping me busy: Noah soaked his cot/crib in pee (cause Daddy didn't put on a fresh nappy/diaper at bed-time like I asked him too. Typical Daddy thought he could save a penny by not changing Noah's nappy, but instead it cost us much more having to wash and dry bedding that had only been cleaned a couple of days ago), Ashton threw up 8 times in one night - in his bed and in our bed. And then the next day, he wet his pants on the couch. He was quite clever to think that no one would notice if he flipped the cushions. Too bad pee smells terrible, or he would have got away with it! Argghh... foiled! I feel as if I've been cleaning and washing non-stop for the past two days! It has taken me forever to get our couch cleaned and shampooed (delegated to Tony) and we haven't had cushions to sit on for days as everytime I put them outside to dry it starts raining!



Oh yes... I was writing about Christmas! So...

Santa was very good to the Nizetich boys this year. They had lots of fun on Christmas morning playing with their new toys. They spent most of their time outside squirting and soaking each other with their new water pistols and making their new remote control cars do wheelies and flips off the deck.

Throughout the year, Tony and I observed an interesting dynamic between the boys; Ashton wants whatever Hayden gets and Noah wants whatever Ashton gets. Fortunately, Santa took this into consideration and to save problems he delivered the boys three of everything (well almost).

The fun begins when Santa's gifts have been delivered. Hayden climbed into bed with us at 4:45am very concerned whether Santa had come or not. He lay in bed until 6am whispering to me, "I think I heard him. I think he's at the door. I think I'd better check to see if he's come. What if he doesn't come before the light comes up?" At 6am we let him sneak downstairs to take a peek at the tree and a second later he was back in our bed trying extremely hard to control his excitement.


The first thing the boys got was their own computer. (Tony got it from work as they were planning on getting rid of it - and yes it actually works.) When the boys turned it on the screen saver read, "Hayden and Ashtons learning computer".


Then came the long awaited for light sabers. They were a big hit! Santa thought they were the coolest light sabers as they had laser lights that changed to 3 different colours and they also made an 'awesome' noise. Noah looks unimpressed in the photo, but he's just a little overwhelmed by Hayden and Ashton's excitement. Ashton didn't click until the next day that they weren't actually STAR WARS light sabers - Santa how could you!!!! He was good about it but also disappointed. The following day we were looking around the shops when Ashton laid eyes on the light saber of his dreams. He jumped up and down desperately telling me he HAD TO HAVE IT! Luckily Grandma had given him some Christmas spending money so that's what he spent it on. I didn't buy Noah a Star Wars one that day and for the past two days Noah has been stealing and running off with Ashton's. I guess I'll be back to the store to get the same one for Noah!


Next, the boys got 'pop up rockets'. The foam darts shoot really high up into the air, and we have several of them stuck on the roof now.




A photo of Tony opening green olives from Travis.


Tony plays a joke on Travis and wraps up a power supply from on old dismantled computer for him... I have no idea what it does or what it's for, but at least Travis thought it was funny!

Noah gets his own suitcase with Lightening McQueen on the front.



The boys got a remote control car each (from Nana) that has flashing lights and wheels that turn 360 degrees. Noah is really good at making his go all over the house, but he is still learning how to make them do wheelies and flips.




Hayden got a bike/skateboard ramp, and the boys have thought of many different ways to use it. It's quite high, so Hayden is too nervous to go over it on his bike (he had one attempt Chrismtmas morning, but didn't get enough speed up and fell off). So the boys have been using it for their remote control cars and hot wheel cars. Hayden even tried riding Noah's bike down it.
The final shot of the day: the boys have had a few too many candy canes and a bit too much excitement making it impossible for them to sit still, let alone look at the camera!




Unitl next year...

No comments: