
Today is Tony's 36th birthday, so I decided to make a chocolate cake and Ashton and Noah were begging to help me. These days Noah wants to do anything Ashton does. I seldom bake cakes because I don't want to be tempted to eat them. Since I stay at home during the day I would probably eat the whole thing before Tony got home from work or the boys got home from school!
This month I have been baking more cakes than I've made throughout the entire year. I've made one for Hayden's school teachers, one for Ashton's kindy party, one for the families Tony has to hometeach and one for the family I visit teach. When I do end up baking, I prefer to make a cake from scratch as boxed cakes have never really appealed to me and a freshly home-made cake is always nicer.
This morning I would've got my cake made easily in 10-15 minutes, but with the help of Ashton and Noah it took well over half an hour. I learned many things while in the process of making this cake; a sieve is not just for sifting flour - it makes a great hat and a cool face mask. Flour is not just for putting in the cake - it makes great pictures on the kitchen bench/counter. The measuring spoons are not just for adding vanilla to the mixture, but for swinging and waving all over the kitchen so you can decorate the cupboards with vanilla instead. And, while you are in the middle of baking, Ashton declares that the milk does not just go into the cake, but must also go directly into his belly first! There is no waiting until the baking is done - a drink of milk must be in the middle of it all - otherwise the world will come crashing down and life will come to a disasterous halt. The electric beater is not just for mixing, it is for pushing the switch on and off a million times so that the cake batter can fly everywhere!
Eventually the cake got put in the oven and it turned out to be the best cake the Nizetich family has ever made!
Daddy and his cake. Happy 36th birthday, Daddy.
36yrs ......or 6 yrs?????????? Notice the badge Tony is wearing. It says 'birthday boy'. Emphasis on the word boy!
The badge belongs to Ashton and he very reluctantly let Tony wear it for half an hour.


1 comment:
I just love Tony's big cheesy grin! Love it!
Chris says you should write books - as in you have excellent literary skills.
Post a Comment