This Christmas there are a few needy families in our ward who have lots of children and very little money. I’ve really been wanting to do something nice for them since our Bishop has told the Primary Presidency that some of the kids won’t be having much of a Christmas. It’s not really my thing to bake plates and plates of cookies, but during the week I finally found something I could give that the families would appreciate. For the past few years I’ve been collecting calendars by Greg Olsen, Simon Dewey, Del Parson and Liz Swindle. The pictures are too beautiful to throw away at the end of the year and I knew that sometime in the future I could use them for other things. My goal in finding something to give was that it didn’t involve "spending." For the past few years, or the ten years I’ve been married, I’ve also been collecting frames. Over the ten years, Tony and I have had a lot of pictures on our walls from traveling to children, so as the years have gone by pictures have come down and new ones have gone up. Eventually I’ve been left with a whole box of frames that aren’t getting used. I have really enjoyed matching the calendar pictures with my nice selection of frames. Most of the frames were not expensive; as in California, I would always go to Aaron Brothers annual 1 cent sale in the middle of the year; if you bought a frame at regular price you could choose another for a penny. Here are some of the pictures I am getting ready to wrap, but some of them are so nice that I am finding it hard to give them away!
Wow, what beautiful frames and prints. They will make perfect xmas gifts. I really like the one with Jesus hugging ... Mary I guess? It makes Him look so real. And the lower one with Jesus and the children. Have to say, Jesus is looking a bit too handsome in those pictures LOL! Wasn't he meant to be plain looking? That's very thoughtful of you Loretta - and Tony will love the fact you didn't spend a dime =)
If I forget to ask - plse let me know where/how I can get these calanders. Would make great gifts and for ourselves. Would like to see the ones you have too - i'm sure they look much better in 'real life', but your photos are good too as I can tell how nice they are.
3 comments:
Beautiful!! Great idea!
Wow, what beautiful frames and prints. They will make perfect xmas gifts. I really like the one with Jesus hugging ... Mary I guess? It makes Him look so real. And the lower one with Jesus and the children. Have to say, Jesus is looking a bit too handsome in those pictures LOL! Wasn't he meant to be plain looking? That's very thoughtful of you Loretta - and Tony will love the fact you didn't spend a dime =)
If I forget to ask - plse let me know where/how I can get these calanders. Would make great gifts and for ourselves. Would like to see the ones you have too - i'm sure they look much better in 'real life', but your photos are good too as I can tell how nice they are.
Post a Comment