Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa

Well, I was going to call this post 'Christmas fun' but as you see by the look on Noah's face he's definitely not having fun! Hayden is reaching over to touch Noah and tell him 'it's okay.'
Going to get the boys photo taken with Santa turned out to be quite a drama and not so much fun either. While we were getting ready Ashton had a big 'melt down' over the white shirt he got to wear. I accidentally put a shirt on him that belonged to Noah, so of course it was way too small and tight on him, but when I insisted he wear a shirt that fit him, he cried for half an hour. He really, really liked the tight fitting shirt with the buttons popping off! Hayden was all dressed and then begged for a lollie/candy from the kitchen pantry. I let him have one and some how at 6 years old he managed to dribble it all down the front of his shirt! Noah was the only one in good spirits ...until he saw Santa that is. I felt very mean forcing Noah to let go of me and sit on this strange mans knee!


During the week we all wrote letters to Santa as a family and then took turns reading them aloud to each other. We took our letters to the mall and dropped them into santa's mailbox beside the chair he sits on. The letters were cute so I copied them all onto the computer before we gave them away.




A letter from Ashton: Dear Santa, Merry Christmas. Please could I have lots of light savers. Please come to my home. I will draw a road to show you the way. I want to give you one of my hot wheel cars so that you can be my friend. I will leave you some weet-bix, crackers and rice cakes to eat. Love from Ashton (4yrs)



A letter from Hayden: Dear Santa, I would like some Star Wars Movies. Thank you. I started at the top of the BMX track. And I like skateboarding. And I like to ride my bike. My address is 13 Albany Hwy. Love Hayden (6yrs)



A letter from Noah: I don't really want anything for Christmas other than my dummy and my blankie. On second thoughts: I would like anything and everything my two older brothers get. Love from Noah (22months) P.S. And I like my own cell phone as I'm always running off with mummy's and hiding it.



A letter from Mummy: Dear Santa, We have been to see you at the mall nearly 6 times this year. But we know that you're not the REAL Santa. Just incase you didn't know, we don't have a chimney so we will leave the double doors open in our living room for you to get in. You can make as much noise as you like as our Daddy sleeps through anything! Please do not let the reindeer inside the house as their hooves will be dirty and I'm a bit fussy about keeping the carpet clean. If you have any presents left for me I would really like the Mama Mia movie that has the words to the songs. Love from Mummy Nizetich. P.S. Don't forget to drink the milk we leave you - it will keep you healthy and strong. AND DON'T SPILL IT!



A letter from Daddy: Dear Santa, I have not been a very good boy this year. That's good, because I don't really want much for Christmas this year. I don't really deserve much anyway. I got in trouble at work twice this year. If I wanted anything for Christmas it would be a new job. One where I couldn't do anything wrong and didn't have to take instructions. If you can't give me a new job, I'd be perfectly happy with some new socks....I guess. I'll leave the door open and a big glass of milk and a few carrots for the reindeers. Have a safe flight. Tony Nizetich, Auckland, New Zealand.



A couple of days later I took the boys out to the mail box and to their surprise they found a wonderful letter addressed to them from Santa.



It reads: (I didn't write it. It was given to Hayden when he use to go to kindy)


Thank you for your wonderful letter. We were all so excited when it dropped into the letter box this morning. Mrs Claus brushed the snow off the envelope and brought it straight to the workshop, where I was teaching the elves and the reindeers all about New Zealand.


Rudolph loved your letters so much that his nose glowed three times. And it looks shinier now than ever before!


Then, after a cup of hot chocolate and one of Mrs Claus' excellent mince pies everyone got back to work. We have made so many toys this year - it seems that everyone has been really, really good! It won't be long before Christmas is here, so I had best get back to work. We're packing up the sleigh next week, ready for our round-the-world trip delivering all the toys.


New Zealand is our first stop. And we can't wait to get there to warm ourselves in the lovely sunshine. I might even take my boots and socks off and have a quick paddle in the sea!


Remember, you'll need to go to bed early on Christmas Eve. Close your eyes tight - no peeping - and as soon as you're fast asleep I'll deliver your special presents to you. Merry Christmas! Lots of love Santa. Oh, I nearly forgot - the reindeer would love you to leave some carrots and a bowl of water out for them - and perhaps you could leave a glass of milk out for me.

ONLY 5 SLEEPS TO GO!!!!!




3 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

The picture of Noah is sad, but funny! He can't get off of Santa's lap fast enough, can he!!!! Great idea to write all the letters and read them outloud as a family...we'll have to try that next year.

Anonymous said...

I'd be scared of a big red man with white hair all over his face too!

The letters are great - love your's and Tony's LOL! Noah is a very a accomplished letter writer at 22 mths, not surprising since he's turning out to be the einstein of the family huh!?

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

I love it!! Noah's face is priceless. Brooklynn didn't like him either.