
IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!
Our boys seem extra excited about Christmas this year. They have been begging and begging to put up our Christmas decorations.
Ashton gets so excited every time he sees decorations outside or inside the shops that he shouts, “MUM LOOK, LOOK!”
For the first time in three years we get to put up a christmas tree. Last year we didn't have one because we were still in our apartment, which was way too small for our family (let alone a tree). The year before we were 'living' at my mum's, and the year before that we went on a cruise just before Christmas day. By the time we got back there were no 'real' Christmas trees left.
On the way to school in the car this week, we’ve been blasting the Christmas music. Hayden took notice of the song “I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus’ for the first time and asked me with a confused look, “Huh, why would mummy kiss Santa Claus?” By the time I'd thought of a good response Ashton had already changed the subject. I keep wondering whether Hayden will make it through another Christmas believing in Santa.
On the way to school in the car this week, we’ve been blasting the Christmas music. Hayden took notice of the song “I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus’ for the first time and asked me with a confused look, “Huh, why would mummy kiss Santa Claus?” By the time I'd thought of a good response Ashton had already changed the subject. I keep wondering whether Hayden will make it through another Christmas believing in Santa.
Some might say there is nothing nicier than the smell of a real Christmas tree. Then again, some might say they don't like it (such as my visiting teacher)!! Well, this year we have an artificial one and there are definitely benefits to the fake tree. I think the best benefit is that a fake one has a perfect shape and there are no big holes in it. The decorations are much easier to hang since they don't weigh the branches down and of course you don't have to water it, get rid of it and continously pick up all the needles.
But any tree will do for the boys, and they are all good in their own way if they are decorated with spirit and love.
The boys just love our tree! They have been starring at it and constantly asking for the lights to stay on.
The decorating begins.

The boys decorate in 'boy' style and 'kiwi' style - no shirts! And for Ashton, no pants either! They decorated the whole tree themselves, although when they were done I added a few ornaments at the top and a few extra bows.

Ashton hung the littliest decorations on the bottom of the tree and then lined the tree skirt with one of our nativity scenes.

Ashton decides he can get more decorations up by putting a small chair on top of a big chair. That comes especially handy for those lower branches! Not very safe, but we congratulate him on using some initiative anyway.

The finished result.

Our two Christmas kiwis watch over our tree.

Ashton told us that Santa has lots of money and that he wants Santa to keep him. I said, "If Santa keeps you then where will he take you?" Ashton replied, "To buy me some light savers" (like Luke Skywalker's light saber, but Ashton calls them light savers). I hope Santa is busy making those light "savers"!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas! I've been meaning to reply to your email and just haven't got around to it, but I think about you all the time!!!
So weird that Christmas is in Summer down under, but then again, that might be kinda cool! Hope you guys are doing good!
Beautiful tree =)
I thought the kiwis were penguins at first - very cute.
Post a Comment