

Written 28th July, 2008
We've had a couple of really bad storms this week and horrific wind. Our wind chimes have been going absolutely crazy (to the point where we couldn't sleep at night) so we've had to take them down. If Los Angeles ever expereinced the amount of rain we've been having the whole city would be swept away by now! We've had lots of hail, thunder and lightening and Tony loves it.....I actually got a little scared one night when I woke up because the trees were swaying so hard and the hail was thrashing the windows. Tony slept through it all...as he does everything!
Tony’s has had a cold for about a month now. He’s been constantly coughing and sniffing, but he’s finally been to the doctors to get some antibiotics. His chest and lungs are not use to the cold, wet, long and damp New Zealand winters! It makes it even worse that we don’t have central heating, but hopefully by next winter we can afford to get a heating system put in.
I’ve managed to unpack three boxes from the garage this week, but I still have about 30 to go. I’m trying to do one a day, but it doesn’t always happen. This week I’ve focused on cleaning the inside of the windows. It’s a big job as they have all been covered in a lot of mold from the last 5 winters. The people who previously lived in this house didn’t seem to clean anything the whole entire 5 years they lived here! Every morning we wake up the windows are practically dripping with condensation (another reason we have to get a heating system for next winter). Anyway, the windows have come up beautiful and look brand new. I only have to do the boys' room and our room now.
Hayden has had his PlayStation taken away this week for being mean to Ashton. I thought he would completely fall apart since he loves it so much, but surprisingly enough, it hasn’t bothered him at all. He’s asked a couple of times throughout the week to play it, and when I’ve reminded him he couldn’t, he’s just said, “ ok”. It seems to have done him good as he’s lost the ‘attitude’ and has been a lot more chilled out! He had a friend from school stay over Saturday night (his first sleep over). I let them stay up until 10:30 and when I put them into bed they giggled for about 30 seconds and then went straight to sleep. They slept until eight and when they woke up they stayed in bed reading books and talking about 'baddies'! His friend (Gian Cadag) had such a good time that when it was time to go home he hid under Hayden’s bed and wouldn’t come out!! Tony and I sat down with them to have ice-cream at 9:00 in the evening and it was really cute listening to them tell stories and watching them both lick every last bit of ice-cream from their cups.
We've had a couple of really bad storms this week and horrific wind. Our wind chimes have been going absolutely crazy (to the point where we couldn't sleep at night) so we've had to take them down. If Los Angeles ever expereinced the amount of rain we've been having the whole city would be swept away by now! We've had lots of hail, thunder and lightening and Tony loves it.....I actually got a little scared one night when I woke up because the trees were swaying so hard and the hail was thrashing the windows. Tony slept through it all...as he does everything!
Tony’s has had a cold for about a month now. He’s been constantly coughing and sniffing, but he’s finally been to the doctors to get some antibiotics. His chest and lungs are not use to the cold, wet, long and damp New Zealand winters! It makes it even worse that we don’t have central heating, but hopefully by next winter we can afford to get a heating system put in.
I’ve managed to unpack three boxes from the garage this week, but I still have about 30 to go. I’m trying to do one a day, but it doesn’t always happen. This week I’ve focused on cleaning the inside of the windows. It’s a big job as they have all been covered in a lot of mold from the last 5 winters. The people who previously lived in this house didn’t seem to clean anything the whole entire 5 years they lived here! Every morning we wake up the windows are practically dripping with condensation (another reason we have to get a heating system for next winter). Anyway, the windows have come up beautiful and look brand new. I only have to do the boys' room and our room now.
Hayden has had his PlayStation taken away this week for being mean to Ashton. I thought he would completely fall apart since he loves it so much, but surprisingly enough, it hasn’t bothered him at all. He’s asked a couple of times throughout the week to play it, and when I’ve reminded him he couldn’t, he’s just said, “ ok”. It seems to have done him good as he’s lost the ‘attitude’ and has been a lot more chilled out! He had a friend from school stay over Saturday night (his first sleep over). I let them stay up until 10:30 and when I put them into bed they giggled for about 30 seconds and then went straight to sleep. They slept until eight and when they woke up they stayed in bed reading books and talking about 'baddies'! His friend (Gian Cadag) had such a good time that when it was time to go home he hid under Hayden’s bed and wouldn’t come out!! Tony and I sat down with them to have ice-cream at 9:00 in the evening and it was really cute listening to them tell stories and watching them both lick every last bit of ice-cream from their cups.
Ashton spent the day with mum on Thursday. She took him to a friend's house for lunch (this friend has a million dollar home with very nice things) and he played quietly all by himself with his Hot Wheels for the whole 2 hrs they were there! (Phew) In the evening she took him to the circus, but it was cancelled because of the bad weather. So on Friday the weather was better and the circus was on. Ashton was all excited and hyped up about going, but when he walked into the tent he got really scared and refused to stay for the show. Mum had to ask for a refund as she didn’t want to spend $44 and not see the show (nothing she said could convince him to stay). She bought Ashton some hot chips, bought him a glow wand that the kids all had in the circus, and then let him have a turn at throwing the ball into the clowns mouth to win some bubbles…and after that he was convinced he’d been to the circus and had no idea there was a whole show of acrobats and clowns to watch!! Oh well, maybe next year!
Noah has started pointing to things this week. He points to his toys, things outside the window, on the wall, etc. It’s neat watching him learn. He is trying hard to communicate by making sounds and noises when he points. Another first for this week is that he has taken me by the hand a couple of times to show me what he wants. He is really cute the way he comes up to me with an open mouth for a kiss. It’s also really cute the way he loves to plonk himself down on Hayden’s lap while Hayden is playing play station. When he’s feeling playful he will climb over Hayden and on his back to let Hayden know that he’s ready for some ‘rough and tumble’ (what kiwi’s refer to as boys rolling around on the floor).
No comments:
Post a Comment