Noah at 18 months, enjoying some time outside on a sunny Winter's day.
This week at the supermarket I decided to buy some grapes. Normally I wouldn't since they are around $7 a kg (ouch). But this week, the grapes (the big green ones with no seeds) were too yummy too resist. We tried them out in the supermarket and they were deliciously sweet and juicy that it was hard to stop eating them. Well, I had no idea Noah liked grapes so much. All week I have kept them on the kitchen bench and they have been more trouble than I ever expected. Noah has continuously gone to the kitchen pointing to where the grapes sit. He may not talk yet, but he sure knows how to use his body and make sounds to let me know what he wants.
He has been so persistent at begging for them, that after a couple of diarrhea nappies, from eating so many, I've had to hide them. He has been most upset crying that they're not there and it has been really funny to watch him hanging off the kitchen cupboards in such desperation to get to them. Noah is an easy going baby/boy and doesn't make a fuss over much, but this week I've learned that grapes are a dangerous thing around Noah.
Ashton finally made it to his swimming lesson this week at the next level. Last week he was so upset about going swimming (cried for 2 hrs with lots of genuine tears) begging not to go, that I gave in and said he didn't have to, just to put him out of his misery. He still had to be forced this week, and finally told me that he was afraid of having to do a back float. It was obvious he was really nervous and afraid of what the teacher would make him do and a couple of times he had to try hard to hold back the tears. I warned the teacher in advance to please not attempt to let him go on his back. She was very good today and didn't force him too much as she sometimes does.Ironically, Ashton's favourite thing to do at home is to have a bath. If I let him he will have a bath in the morning and afternoon for an hour at a time. I've realized though that it's not being in the water that he really likes, it's playing with his bath toys in water that he has so much fun with. This week Ashton has been purposely wetting his pants just so I will put him in the bath! I got annoyed at first, but then I realized the more he's in water the better it is for him. It makes him happy, and it actually gives me a good chance to get things done around the house while he plays.
Ashton's kindy/preschool has really been getting into celebrating the Olympics over the last two weeks. The Kindy is decorated on the inside with many flags from different countries. Last week the children made their own stadium out of cardboard, toilet rolls, sticks, etc and then painted it. Everyday the children have been participating in an Olympic event outside and getting the chance to win a medal. Ashton proudly won a bronze medal in the boys running race on Monday. The children have been doing relays, long jump, shot put, gymnastics, bike races and more. Tomorrow they are having a closing ceremony to their Kindy Olympics and all the parents are invited to watch and bring a plate.
3 comments:
That's so funny about the grapes!
The green grapes are the ones Ashton had for dinner the day we looked after him while you took Hayden to the hospital. He didn't want any other fruit earlier on, but when Chris came home with those grapes ...! Even I was eating them as they're so nice and I don't usually eat fruit so much in the winter!
Hi! Just barely had time to sit down and read through your blog. Your home looks great and I cannot believe how big the boys are. You were ready to pop with Hayden when I first met you and now he's six!! I can't believe he broke his arm for the second time...knock on wood, we haven't had any breaks yet...now that I said that we probably will.
I'll check back often, it's so fun to hear about you, the boys and Tony. Cracks me up when you say that Tony thought the dancing was great because it was free!!!! Some things never change...you guys are so fun!
I just LOVE Ashton's smile (the one in the spiderman outfit holding the soft toy in his hand) it REALLY melts my heart. I just want time to stand still whenever I see that smile - my wish is that he never loses it. If he can smile like that as an adult - it will be a great gift. Bye for now, Nana
Post a Comment