Monday, February 1, 2010

Dare Devil Boys


Friday was such a beautiful evening so we decided to have fish n'chips on the beach at Murray's Bay.

The boys quickly ate and then took off to run around and do their own thing. The next thing I know I hear from a distance "Mum, mum, look!" They were crossing over this bridge, and it was one of those moments that made me very nervous.
They can't swim yet, so all I could think of was DON'T FALL, HOLD ON TIGHT, WATCH YOUR STEP, GO SLOWLY. The water below was deep and dirty, and I really didn't fancy jumping in to rescue them if they fell. But I kept quiet at the waters edge, allowing them to be 'boys,' as both of them made their way across with no trouble at all.
Meanwhile, the biggest boy in the family was also being a dare devil by jumping off the wharf with all the island boys. Tony loved it and said the water was so warm. According to Tony, after a day of sweating at work in NZ's humid summer heat, there is nothing better than a swim in the sea.

No comments: