Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wibble Wobble Choo Choo


Noah turned 3 this week, so we now have a 3 year-old in our house! We had a little family celebration with a special cake and some special jelly at dinner time.
When Hayden and Ashton got home from school on Friday, the 3 boys excitedly dug into the jelly (or Jello as Americans call it!). Since the boys love it so much I made 4 packets of blue jelly and decorated it with lollies to make it look like the ocean;


I asked Noah what he would like for his birthday dinner and he replied:
"For my birthday I would like... for my birthday I would like... for my birthday I would like... for my birthday I would like... for my birthday I would like..."
Finally he said, "NOODLES!!!!!" So Noah's wish was granted, and all 3 boys received a bowlful of 2-minute noodles for dinner (I love a simple birthday!).

After dinner came the cake. Since Noah absolutely loves Thomas the Tank Engine, I decided to make chocolate Lamingtons so that I could make them into a train. I cut the cake into cubes, made a chocolate syrup and rolled the cubes in coconut and decorated with lollies;




Unfortunately, Noah had a bad cold that was bothering him a lot on Friday, so several times in the day he looked like this;



After the eating his cake Noah, opened his presents. He got a couple of new Thomas trains, a couple of Thomas videos, some Thomas puzzles and a Thomas magnetic set. He was delighted with all his Thomas gifts.

A little about Noah at 3 years old:
He's not toilet trained yet, but wears pull-ups night and day and is keen to use the toilet. So if the Mummy can get herself into action, Noah should be toilet trained in no time at all.

Since Noah was a baby, he's had a favourite blanket that is light blue and very soft. He drags it around the house and uses it to relax and go to sleep with. He plays with the satin edging and loves to run his fingers along it. When he takes a nap in the afternoon he sleeps with it over his head! He also still loves his dummy at bed time (which I have promised myself to get rid of NOW so it doesn't start making his teeth crooked). Noah has his own room and now sleeps in a big bed.

Noah spends time everyday playing on the floor with his collection of Thomas trains. He builds tracks on his own and makes voices for his trains. He knows all the names of the different trains and always wants to talk about them. He's addicted to watching Thomas DVD'S and often pulls us by the arm to come and watch his favourite scenes. Whenever we brush Noah's teeth at night he always tells us to 'talk about Thomas'.

Noah is very verbal for his age and can say anything he wants to (often surprising us with the smart things he says). In fact, he is such a good speaker that sometimes strangers get surprised by his age. Noah loves to play in the bath so long as it is full of Thomas bubble bath. His favourite thing to do outside is to ride around in his red Little Tikes car while his brothers ride their bikes. He loves to play with Ashton and join in Ashton's games (so long as Ashton plays fair). In the evenings he loves to get into Hayden's bed and have Hayden read a story to him.

Noah is one great kid. He has a most easy going personality and is very content and placid. Not much bothers him except when Ashton teases him from time to time. He's kind and caring and loves to give hugs to us and his brothers. He really is so sweet and a joy to have as my buddy during the day. Happy Birthday our little Noah, you're very special and we love you very much.

Noah playing at the park (photo taken 1 month ago);

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Loved your post! Happy Birthday Noah! Now you're a big 3! You made Noah an adorable cake! I would have never thought of rolling the cake in chocolate syrup. That would keep the cake moist! Cute jello dish! I'm sure the boys enjoyed Noah's birthday! ♥

Grandma Sandi said...

What a Happy Birthday, Noah. You are such a big, smart, handsome and happy boy!!! I love your cake and jello ocean. I think I'll try to make one of those, too. Loretta, the story was great, I'm going to copy it and use it myself. I miss you all so much and hope to see you soon. Love, Grandma, aka The Other One!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Loretta!
Wow I have a lot of catching up to do re yr blog!! Laurie (Tom's fiance / school teacher) is doing school fundraising and they're having a best homebaker competition. But she isn't a baker (o - she says she HATES baking!) so I remembered yr very easy to make train cake which she is very excited & relieved to replicate - I hope there are no copyright infringments!! Do you expect any royalty payments?? LOL See you soon, Julia x