The world often seems full of mean and grumpy people and it can be quite a pleasant surprise when someone you don’t know is really nice to you.
During the week a complete stranger did something really nice for me. The stranger probably didn’t know how much I appreciated her kindness, and she will never know that I’ve written about her on my blog.
I went to the supermarket on Thursday night as we were out of milk for the kids’ cereal the next morning. I was one of the last people in the check out line as the supermarket was getting ready to close. As I stood in line, I looked over at the supervisor in the next aisle and was watching and listening to her compliment her friend/co-worker on how pleased she was that everything was done for the night. The Supervisor noticed me eaves dropping, and we exchanged smiles. I stood patiently as my milk was scanned and at the last minute I added a bottle of chocolate milk. I felt like I needed to treat myself with a little pick-me up. I then realized I didn’t have enough money as I only had a twenty dollar note and the chocolate milk was an extra $3, so I told the check out lady that I’d have to put it back.
This time the supervisor was watching me instead, and as she approached the check out she said, “I’ll buy the chocolate milk for you.” I responded, “Oh, thank you, that’s so kind, but it’s okay, I’d feel bad.” The smiley, happy supervisor once again told me not to worry, that she would buy the milk for me because she’d only spend her money on chocolate anyway! Before I knew it, she’d disappeared and was getting some money from her purse. She slipped the money to the check out lady and once again disappeared so fast that I didn’t get to say thank you again.
So I drove home enjoying the chocolate milk and feeling so grateful to that lady for being so kind. How often does someone treat a stranger after a long day?!
Thank you, kind lady for putting such a smile on my face and making my mouth and stomach so happy. I truly hope that what goes around, comes around, and someone treats you to something nice someday soon.
1 comment:
What a FANTASTIC story!! So heartwarming! Lucky you! What a gorgeous person!! PAY IT FORWARD!
Post a Comment