Two years ago (on the 19th of February) Noah arrived into our family. In the photo Noah clasps Tony's finger for the first time at just two minutes old. Like all babies he was very unhappy about his entry into the world, but when he held Tony's finger he stopped crying. I was looking through old photos in our computer files last week and discovered pictures of Noah's birth and first year. We feel as if Noah's been in our family forever even though he is only two.
Daddy admires his third son, and Hayden admires his new baby brother.
Uncle Travis gives Noah a cuddle for the first time.
Noah at 2 months.


Noah at 4 months.

Noah's first birthday.

Noah at two years old.
On Noah's birthday, we sat him in his highchair and put a party hat on him. About three seconds later - just after I managed to click the camera - he let out a scream that startled us all. He was afraid of the candles and hats. He was so upset that he wasn't the least bit interested in eating any cake or even opening his present. We did get a little reaction over the Barney drink bottle he got (as he's crazy over Barney) but he simply wanted to cuddle and having nothing else to do with his birthday.

On Sunday we repeated the cake and hats (Tony was out of town the day before), and the same thing happened. As we put the cake on the kitchen table and got out the hats, Noah started hiding behind the living room door! We literally forced him up to the table and this is how unhappy he was about it!!! Click to enlarge and see Noah's face in the middle.
This was Noah's second birthday cake - another one of my famous disasters!! It was so bad that no one would eat it - not even Tony! The directions called for self-raising flour, but I used hi-grade flour instead and then didn't add any baking powder... Hence, one very flat cake!! But the boys did a really good job at decorating it with chocolate icing, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, chopped nuts and blueberries. We ate the blueberries and then threw the cake away (for some reason it was completely tasteless too!)At two years old Noah does the following:
*Continuously watches Barney and the Teletubbies.
*Loves to say Ashton's name (calling him Aston). In the mornings and evenings will often say; "Hi Aston, night Aston".
*Says: "I get out" and trys to undo his seat belt whenever I stop the car.
*Absolutely hates going to Nursery at church and usually only lasts 10 minutes on his own before he is bought back to us (he spends the 10 minutes hard out crying!)
*LOVES to play rough 'n tumble with his brothers and Daddy.
*Screams whenever Ashton takes off with his toys.
*Sleeps better than he ever did as a newborn and still takes 2-hour naps.
*Goes to sleep with a dummy and his soft blue blanket. When he's relaxing he plays with the satin edging on the blanket and puts his finger into the hole from where the stitching has come undone.
*Feeds himself very carefully and seldom makes a mess or spill.
*Loves to say "I do it".
*Always opens the pantry and asks for crackers.
*Knows he will get a huge reaction of hysterical laughter from his two older brothers if he says the words "Barney Butt!"
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH! WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:
Oh thats so adorable =)
I'd be scared of a hat with fluff on it too if I was a boy and those candles look really big and mean!
I just love the pic with H and A cuddling a crying Noah.
He really is a little Einstein saying 3 word sentences at barely two years old.
Julia x
I'm sorry he was so sad/scared about his candles and party hat, but as usual...I love all the photos! Is he really two?
Post a Comment