I have been determined this week to make a successful chocolate cake after the really bad one I made for Noah's birthday. I've made lots of them in the past, but I've never been particularly happy with any of the chocolate cake recipes I've collected over the past few years.I have always preferred a 'hearty and rich' chocolate cake that has a bit of substance to it, as opposed to a light and spongy chocolate cake. So, being the perfectionist that I am, I searched and searched this week for the perfect chocolate cake recipe that was moist, rich and hearty
.
This recipe is truly divine and will definitely impress any visitors!!
My friend Miriam who makes wedding cakes gave me a little advice on modifying the original recipe to make it slightly healthier. To make a change from chocolate icing I decorated it with powdered sugar and then crumbled a cadbury 'flake' over the top (since the cake is so rich, icing would probably be too much - then again, it depends on how much of a chocolate fix you really need!)

Recipe for Moist and Tender Chocolate Cake:
1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of rye flour (makes the cake dense & heavier, is much better for you than regular flour and is high in fibre)
2/3 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sunflower oil
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup of milk (makes the batter more creamier than using water)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup natural or vanilla yoghurt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cake tin.
2. Beat oil, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift in flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder.
5. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk.
6. Add chocolate chips and yoghurt.
Throw into oven and cook until knife comes out clean.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cake tin.
2. Beat oil, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift in flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder.
5. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk.
6. Add chocolate chips and yoghurt.
Throw into oven and cook until knife comes out clean.
1 comment:
oooh thanks for sharing! will def. try it. Wow I didn't know Miriam makes wedding cakes!
Post a Comment