Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BOYS WILL BE BOYS

I know I have boys (as opposed to girls) for many different reasons:

1. They don’t like washing their hands after going to the toilet. They want to run out of the bathroom as quickly as they can so they can get back to what they were doing. When Ashton goes no.2 on the toilet he will hold onto the walls so he doesn’t have to touch the toilet, and therefore doesn’t have to wash his hands! (He calls me to wipe him).

2. Whenever I tell Hayden it’s time for a shower he usually responds with a moan and immediately asks if he has to have a FULL BODY SHOWER (meaning his hair washed as well). If I say ‘yes’ I get an even bigger moan!

3. The word ‘poop’ and ‘butt’ always send Hayden and Ashton into hysterical laughter.

4. It is sometimes impossible for them to sit still.

5. They cannot comprehend the word ‘whisper’. Ashton try’s his best, but he only catches on after we’ve demonstrated whispering to him at least 10 times!

6. Undies are not just for your bottom…it’s much more fun to wear them on your head.

7. Only a boy would think to put a running hose down his undies and then let his brother take a drink from it!

8. Hot Wheel Cars must go everywhere with us and Spiderman and Star Wars dominate the TV.

9. They can eat three weet-bix for breakfast, have some banana, yoghurt and toast and STILL not be full!

10. Their socks and feet always smell.

11. They love to collect horrible, yucky, gross bugs.

12. LITTLE BOYS LOVE/ADORE THEIR MUMMIES AND GIVE THE BEST HUGS IN THE WORLD!


The boys collect cicada shells.


Ashton plays with the hose and Noah drinks from it.



Uh oh! Noah gets into the felt pens on the table.

This last photo definitely needs some explaining. This is not how I walk around the house everyday! Last weekend Hayden and Ashton thought it would be the funniest thing in the world to put a bunch of frozen ice-packs down my pants (little did I know they also put a packet of frozen sausages down them too). Then they tied rope around my arms and rope to the back of my pants. They attached some frozen muffins to the end of the rope so they would drag along the floor behind me. I went along with it and let them have their fun as both of them were laughing so hard and thought their ideas were just the FUNNIEST THING IN THE WORLD.

No comments: