On January 1st I put a list of my New Years Goals on the kitchen window. It really helps me if I write them out and stare at them 20 times a day! My goals were: No junk food, walk in the evenings, read BOM, do writing with Ashton, times tables with Hayden, no pull-ups at night for both boys and VT. It has taken me all of January to make a start on them. No luck on the VT yet, or the times tables, or the junk food, but I have begun walking every night and neither boys are wearing pull-ups. Noah barely ever wets his bed or needs to use the toilet in the middle of the night now and Ashton can stay dry through the night so long as I get him up twice. I have to wake him at 11.30pm when I'm off to bed and then again at 3.30 when I feed Juliet. Last night he even wet the bed between 11.30 and 3.30, but that was unusual. An interesting thing I've noticed is that I always see other mum's with boys pyjama pants in their supermarket trolleys, but I have never seen a mum with pyjama pants for a girl. Bed wetting must be much less of a problem for girls.
I feel SO GOOD for finally getting back into my walking. I was in really good shape before I got pregnant with Juliet (and during) but once Juliet came along I got very sleep deprived (breastfeeding every 2 hrs for 5 months) and my best way of coping was constantly picking from the pantry. Anyway, I'm back on track now and I absolutely love my brisk, hilly, 1hr evening walks under the starry night sky. It's time just for me and no one else and it takes me into a little world of my own as I listen to my favourite music. It's amazing all the benefits of exercise...no aches and pains, more energy, feeling happier and more positive, more flexible, less weight, feeling good about one's body. Just goes to show how much it is an absolutely vital part of our lives. Now I just have to cut out the little treats from the bakery!
A couple of photos I found on my old camera today:
During the holidays we went to the Ice-cream kiwi factory. They sell (defective) tubs of ice-cream for $2!! They also do really cheap ice-cream cones so we all got one. Noah had a single scoop, which he ate outside the shop. He ate it so incredibly slowly that by the time he was done his entire face, hands, legs and shoes were covered in lime ice-cream. I really wish I'd had my camera! I let Ashton get a double for the first time, even though he was begging for a triple scoop. I told him he could have a triple scoop in a few weeks time, only if he promised not to complain and whine about doing homework over the school holidays. It worked like a charm. He hasn't gotten his triple scoop yet and seems to have forgotten about it, but he will eventually. I will be amazed if he can actually eat it.

Ashton got this tent for his 7th birthday. He and Noah were so excited about it they begged to fall asleep in it. We let them even though it was a school night.

These are our calla lillies in our backyard. The photo doesn't do them justice, but they look so pretty, especially when it rains. The wind must spread the seeds because every year we get more and more.

Several months ago I got each of the boys their own laundry box so they could be responsible for putting their own clothes away. Hayden and Ashton do a good job at it, but Noah sometimes moans that he needs help. When I first got him the box he loved it, and eagerly shared with everyone who came to visit that he had a yellow box. I tucked him into bed one night and he quietly said to me with a big smile on his face, "Mum, can you put some more laundry into my box tomorrow." I will always remember that.

Noah (with some very long hair) pretending to fly like Superman. It was off to the hairdressers that week.


Ashton doing his 2010 Cross country race for school. One of Ashton's strength's is running. He prefers short speed races as opposed to long endurance races like cross country, but the nevertheless, he did very, very well in this race and came 5th place out of 60 kids. Ashton looks forward to this every year, although Hayden hates it!!

No comments:
Post a Comment