Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Favourite Shoes

Juliet has a little collection of shoes. What it is to be the princess in the family!

She has outgrown 2 of her favourite pairs (okay, MY favourite pairs) but fortunately I got photo's of her wearing them while they still fit.

Little girls shoes are so cute. My friend Julia bought these ones for her;


I bought these beautiful, glittery pale pink ones. I never intended to buy any shoes, but I went into Pumpkin Patch one morning and saw these on clearance and simply couldn't resist them (that shop is VERY dangerous if you have a little girl - it has the most gorgeous dresses and things). I always intend to simply dash in and grab the one little thing I need, but I end up spending forever in there.


Our most favourite shoes are these little red striped ones which Juliet has been wearing constantly lately;



And our very favourite are these gorgeous velvet shoes for church;


At 10/11 months old Juliet is a busy little girl. Now that she crawls she is constantly into cupboards and drawers, going up the stairs and trying to escape down the driveway if we leave the garage door open. Our house constantly looks like a tornado has been through it because Juliet is so busy emptying toy baskets & drawers all day long! (I don't mind the mess at all though, she's worth every scattered toy I pick up).

Her favourite drawer is the bathroom drawer upstairs with all the toothbrushes. Her favourite kitchen cupboard is in the corner next to the dishwasher where we keep the plates and bowls. She has already pulled 4 cereal bowls onto the floor and broken them all at once. She was not phased in the least by the bowls making a loud crashing sound, she simply cried and fussed when I wouldn't let her play with all the broken bits! Mummys' take the fun out of everything :)

Juliet is so fast and quick at getting places that we have to make sure we know where she is at all times. The boys and I have a little phrase we shout out when no one knows where she is...BABY ALERT, BABY ALERT! Everyone goes looking and running to find her! I get a little worried and panicked about her making a dash for the driveway all the time. We have a rule to keep the garage sliding door closed, but once in awhile someone forgets and sure enough, she notices, and off she goes.

Juliet is a very happy baby and is often smiling. She absolutely loves it when we sit with her and do row, row, row your boat. She also gets very excited when she is crawling up the stairs and we start crawling behind her. She laughs, squeals and tries her hardest to climb as fast as she can!

Her favourite thing to do during the day is to play on her little rocking chair. She likes to sit on it and watch Sesame Street. She climbs onto it herself (which always takes a few attempts) and then often stands on the seat and try's to balance without holding onto anything. She stands for a few seconds, wobbles a little and slowly sits back down. She easily spends 15-20 minutes enjoying her chair.



Her second favourite thing to do during the day is to play in the shower. She loves nothing more than playing with the shower hose and a cup. I can leave her in the shower with the water running for 20 minutes and she's completely content. We have to keep the shower door closed all the time or she will climb in their with her clothes on. Many times I have dressed her up and then found her a few minutes later, playing in the shower and all wet!


I often get asked if I am noticing any differences between her and the boys. I am noticing that Juliet seems to get a lot more frustrated than the boys ever did as babies. I think part of her frustration is due to the fact that she has 3 older brothers always taking things off her (and sometimes roughly playing with her when she's not in the mood) and the other part of her frustration is just personality. If Noah couldn't put a lid on something or we took something off him, he would simply go and find something else to do. Juliet on the other hand, shrieks a little and kicks her legs for a couple of seconds to let us know things aren't going the way she wants them too. It makes me laugh.

She is also a lot more determined than the boys were. They were easily distracted by something new when I didn't want them doing something, but occasionally Juliet is determined to have things her way. The other day I took her out of the shower (which she wasn't happy about) but I took her to a different room more than twice and gave her new toys. She wasn't in the least bit interested and both times she crawled right back to the shower!

Yesterday I put her box of toys on the floor for her. When I came back from the bathroom she had climbed inside it and was happily playing;

No comments: