In reference to my last post re trials, I was looking through an LDS book of quotes yesterday and found a profound statement by one of our church leaders that completely fits my comment "Life can be a strange thing sometimes as through our trials we are humbled and given a new understanding and appreciation of all we have."
No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude, and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God….and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven.
Orson F. Whitney
5 comments:
uh oh...after reading this I sense bad news coming!---April
Wow! That is a great quote. I'm sorry about Tony's job. That is such a bummer. My prayers are with you guys.
Isn't it nice to have good home and vt'ers!?! We have not home teachers at our house since June 2008. The ones we had are fantastic, but they were changed. One of them was an amazing teacher and found a way to make each lesson meaningful for us and our boys. I miss that.
I'm so glad you have family, friends and ward members to look after you. All my love to you...I now everything will turn out okay in the long run. You have a lot of faith!
Oh, Loretta, this is so awesome!!! I LOVED the funnies, I have just been sitting here cracking up all by myself - Dion must wonder what I've been reading. I laughed about your boys watching you get dressed. If it makes you feel any better, Aaleah said to me recently while watching me dress, "Oooh Mum, your boobs are SO GROSS!" At least with girls you can tell them they will look like that one day too - hehe!!
Thanks for sharing your family stuff with me, it has made my day :-) .
Love, Geri
Hang in there! You're in our thoughts & prayers! :)
I have just read your blog and it always makes me feel so relaxed. You make so much sense all the time! It is when I read your blog that I realise how lucky I have it too!
After reading your latest post, I have sat here and thought about all the wonderful things we have. Like you...a nice house (although scarcely funished and a little plain), a good reliable car, family support, friends and most importantly two (almost three) very healthy children and our health. This has made me realise that things aren't that bad.
I have been trying lately to adopt a more positive outlook as I have been feeling that I am slowly becoming slightly sinical about lots of things. It is not a feeling I like and reading your blog has given me hope! So thank you.
Amanda
Post a Comment