I wish I could say that since I haven't updated my blog for 3 weeks I've been enjoying a nice relaxing holiday in Rarotonga or Tahiti, but truth be told, I've just been doing the same old thing I do every day....washing, driving, shopping, errands, dishes, cooking, cleaning, changing nappies, going to the park, visiting, etc etc and pretending I'm in Rarotonga!
I finally revamped my blog and changed the music. We took some photos of the boys after church last Sunday and none of them turned out good, including the one I just put at the top of the blog. In the original photo Ashton's eyes were closed and from the way he was laying on the ground with his neck kinked it looked like part of his cheek was missing. Thanks to photoshop (and me spending a whole lot of time trying to figure out how to use photoshop), I managed to change Ashton's eyes and the shape of his face by using a collection of photos. I really feel quite proud of myself learning how to merge/transfer facial features from one photo to another.
We have been going through a small trial lately as things have not been going well on Tony's job. He is very very close to loosing it which has been quite a worry for Tony since it's really hard to get another job at the moment. For some reason I feel quite at ease that Heavenly Father will take care of us and I feel that whatever is meant to happen will happen. Life can be a strange thing sometimes as through our trials we are humbled and given a new understanding and appreciation of things. Tony has certainly been humbled and I have been so grateful this week for all the good things in our life....three healthy children, a beautiful home, a beautiful neighbourhood to live in, a really good Ward, the best Visiting and Home teachers any family could ask for, a home-stay student who is easy and a pleasure to have in our home, kindy teachers who really care about Ashton, an excellent school for Hayden, free bread every week from the local bakery, a car that never breaks down, nice neighbours who are always willing to come over and help, a mum close by who looks after Ashton once a week and helps pays the kindy fees....and I'm sure there's more I haven't thought of.
I have realized lately how amazing visiting teaching and home teaching can be. There really is a purpose and a reason for it that can touch us, uplift us and spiritually nourish us. I have two visiting teachers that visit me every month without fail. One of the ladies is 70 years old with 14 grandchildren, but she looks and acts so young and healthy one would never believe her age. She often babysits for me when mum can't, even at last minutes notice, and she offers to take away my laundry if I ever mention I have a million loads to do. She really is amazing. But the thing I like best about her is that she always tells me stories about her 5 children and her 3 marriages, and the stories she tells on the day of her visit always help me to cope with any problems I might be having. Then she very subtly, lovingly and gently reminds me every visit to work on praying and scripture reading.
Our Home Teachers are absolutely awesome too. It has been a long time since we've had Hometeachers in our lives that come on a regular basis but our current hometeachers have only missed one month this year. It's taken us all awhile to really get to know each other, but on their last visit we laughed, hugged, cried and shared so many stories that it touched us all. Even our boys felt the spirit in our home and during our closing prayer.
I am so grateful for our life, for everything in it and all that we have!
No comments:
Post a Comment