Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ashton's Party

Ashton loved every moment of his 7th birthday party.

He invited 5 kids from his class (Matthew, Tamihana, Sarah, Brie and Anna) and 2 other good friends from school (Archie & Gi Ho).

We had the party at our house. Tony was a bit concerned about 11 kids in our home for 4 hours, with just the two of us to take care of them, but they all behaved wonderfully. With that many kids to keep busy, time went incredibly fast. And with just the two of us, the kids had our complete and undivided attention the entire party which they seemed to love.

A little funny to share:
The 1st 2 girls to arrive at the party came dressed up as pirates. Tony and I were both confused as to why until one of the mum's commented that the invitation said 'Pirates only - all others will walk the plank'. I didn't even think to READ what was on the invite! I filled out the invites at 11pm and all I wanted to do that night was cross off 'Get Invites Done' off my To Do List. The invite could have said wear your swimsuit to the party and I would have been clueless!

I'll let the photo's below do the talking as to what the kids got up to. The highlight for all of them was going off to the park. The kids were so excited to go they were literally jumping up and down (this really brought it home to us that it isn't always necessary to pay a ton of money for a venue or an activity).


The joys of summer and a trampoline. The kids spent ages jumping together and as soon as they were done eating cake they were back to jumping:

Ashton opens presents:

Pirate Sarah:

Noah & Ashton watch Dad light the candles:



Ashton has a silly moment:



The boys climbing in the trees:

Sarah with Juliet:

Sarah & Anna with Juliet:

Anna, Sarah & Brie with Juliet. As soon as Juliet woke from a nap the girls were ALL over her and couldn't leave her alone (they were so good with her that I wanted to keep the girls all weekend):

Sarah with Juliet looking at a baby book (my fav pic):


Off to the park:

Sarah & Matthew:

Anna & Brie:

Archie, Tamihana & Ashton with Noah in the background:

Me & kids:

Ashton with the girls:

Archie & Noah:

Hayden (age 9):

Tony with Juliet:

Tony tries to get the boys dizzy on the spinning wheel:

No comments: