Hayden has asked to go to Snowplanet for about the past 4 years!! When I told him Friday after school what we were doing on Saturday he didn't believe me and was quite convinced I was teasing him (not that I would ever tease him about something like that).
We've never gone before simply because it's an expensive place...a day pass and rental equipment (skis, poles & boots) for 2 boys and Tony comes to $222. CRAZY!
However, the boys had soooo much fun they keep wishing and talking about going back. I'm actually a little excited for them as I just learned you can buy a pass and get one for free and they have some cheap deals on their night passes....we'll see!
Anyway, this weekend Tony and I realized that Hayden has only been in snow once in his life. When we lived in California we took him to Big Bear when he was 1 1/2. Ashton and Noah have never been in snow. No wonder they were so excited!
Both boys amazed us. They put skis on for the 1st time without any hesitation and off they went. (Tony was on the snow giving them some tips on what to do and helping them up whenever they fell). There was no holding them back. Within an hour they were skiing from the very top of the hill and even swerving a little as they came down. Tony also got to ski and 'show off' how good he was - not only did we have happy boys, but a happy Daddy too. Juliet and I had a nice relaxing time enjoying the lovely cafe...reading, snoozing, & drinking hot chocolate and Noah had fun tobogganing. We stayed at Snowplanet for 7 hours!
I think we'll go to Mt Ruapaeheu next winter (yes, it snows in NZ!) but the beauty of Snowplanet is you can walk out of the place into beautiful warm air and sunny skies - and you don't have to pay for accommodation since it's so close to home.
Whoever thought of building a large warehouse out in the country just 15-20 minutes from the city with REAL snow 365 days of the year was a genius!

The Cafe:

Tony & Ashton waiting for the lift (photo taken through the glass):

Noah:

Noah:

Ashton at the top of the slope (note-Ashton is embarrassed to smile properly because he doesn't want anyone noticing that he has 3 front teeth missing):

Tony and Noah:

Ashton:

Ashton:


Hayden:

Hayden & Ashton get ready to ski down the slope:

Hayden takes off:

Ashton in action:

Ashton warms himself up by the fire:
2 comments:
What a great idea! I'm glad you had fun!
Awesome fun! Can't believe what naturals the boys are at skiing :D. I prefer the cafe too and enjoy watching thru the big window
Julia
Post a Comment