A lot of homes in NZ don’t have central heating, so many Kiwis jokes about NZ’s traditional home heating system - piling on the layers of clothes. As I sit at the computer I have on tights, track pants, wolly socks, sheepskin slippers, thermal underwear, a skivvy (turtle neck) and a fleece jacket, and sometimes I’m wearing my scarf too!
Boy, we have had a horrible week. Miserable in fact. As they say, "when it rains, it pours." Tony and I had a big fight and couldn't bring ourselves to talk to each other for a couple of days, Tony lost his temper and made things 10 times worse, I got trapped into spending money I shouldn’t have (hence the reason for the fight), things went wrong at school, the boys were a challenge, our car gave us problems nearly everyday of the week causing us to be towed, have numerous flat batteries, alarm and locking problems, etc., etc. Did I already say this past week was miserable? This week can ONLY get better.
On a more positive note...
This morning we went to church, and sacrament is finally becoming enjoyable for us. For the most part we have now reached a point where Tony and I actually get to hear all of the talks instead of disciplining our boys out in the hallways (or simply taking Ashton out because he can't stay quiet). Noah is always fairly quiet and occupied with Thomas the train items, Hayden has got into the habit of doodling on paper and sometimes listening to the talks/testimonies (yeah!) and Ashton has become very content at drawing pictures and colouring in - and now tends to be the most well-behaved/reverent of all 3. What a nice relief to have finally reached that stage. I hope I haven’t spoken too soon!
Our Nursery has about 14 children now. I love being the Nursery leader, but it is really, really hard work! I will always have a new appreciation and understanding of Nursery Leaders from this year forth!! Every Sunday, me, Anna and Eun Ju are constantly 'moving' in those two hours at church and usually come home exhausted. And I mean exhausted! (we like to joke we've been to the gym for the week). I've decided that the sisters who sit in RS for an hour don't know how easy they have it! But regardless of the exhaustion, I/we still love our calling and the relationships we have with the little children.
A funny little church story:
This Sunday we took a man to church named Nick. He’s a recent convert, lives on his own and sometimes takes care of his very quiet 3 yr old little girl Ella. We also gave Nick a ride home and I'm pretty sure the inside of our vehicle was the noisiest one on the road - our boys were laughing, talking, yelling, screaming, fighting (you name it) in the back of the car and on top of that Tony and I were calling out for them to be quiet, to share, not to do that, etc. When Nick finally got out of the car he looked very bewildered and was almost speechless. He finally said thanks for the ride home, and then added that he enjoyed all the "drama," with the comment that at least our kids had no problem expressing themselves! Our family would make a very entertaining reality show sometimes!
Today is very very wet outside. It is a perfect Sunday afternoon for blogging and baking (my banana bread is making the house smell so nice). The boys are playing a Play Station game together (a real treat they look forward to in the holidays since I hide it away when school is on) and Noah is enjoying a nap.
Before I finish, a few photos over the past month:
Ashton and Noah playing together in the corner cupboard of the dining room. It makes for a great hiding place and they love it when they sit in there together with a torch (flashlight) and the doors are closed:

One evening last week I walked into Hayden's bedroom and he was organizing his drawers and neatly folding all his pyjamas and undies. I'm not sure what made him do this, but he did a great job and was proud of his effort afterwards:

I came downstairs one morning and Ashton and Noah were having a little picnic for breakfast. They had laid out a blanket and made themselves a little home in the corner of the living room. Ashton had thought of everything: a box of tissues, a pair of scissors in case they needed to cut anything, hand sanitizer for their hands, a plant, a school photo, video's, trains for Noah....

Nizetich 'boy' pile up...the boys always love this!

Ashton got some new shoes for school. He liked them so much that he insisted on wearing them with his pyjamas:

Lately, Noah has become attached to a new soft toy, his kiwi bird. He cuddles it every night to go to sleep now. When I check on him before going to bed it looks so cute to see a big beak sticking out from the blankets:
2 comments:
Sorry about your lousy week! I feel for you and have had many weeks like that! Your VT companion inspires me. I want to go with her too! :)
all very cute ;)
The church story and Nick is funny!
Julia
Post a Comment