Just as the last of our groceries were being scanned Ashton dropped his tooth on the ground. I thought for sure it would be impossible to find, but thankfully the man behind us noticed a little piece of apple on the ground and spotted the 'teeny tiny' tooth sitting on top of it. Hooray for that! As soon as Ashton got home he put his tooth into a little plastic bag so he could take it to school and show his teacher. Since it's school holiday time he still has to wait a couple more days to show his teacher and then the tooth fairy will be able to leave him some money. Ashton seems quite convinced his teeny tiny tooth is going to make him a rich kid and he will be able to afford all kinds of things ie. a big box of Lego!

Last Sunday I took the boys to Albany Primary School so they could have a good play outside. I also took Ashton's bike along and he finally learned to ride it without training wheels. Another hooray. With Ashton's strong-willed personality and determination in refusing to do some things, it was hard work getting him to learn. He was convinced he needed training wheels - and that was that! Hayden at age 3 was very determined to ride a bike without training wheels - Ashton was not determined at all. I took Ashton and his bike over to the grass so that if he fell off at least the ground would be somewhat soft. After I convinced him to get on his bike I ran along behind him holding the back of his seat with a couple of fingers. We kept running/cycling along the grass until Ashton had no idea I wasn't holding his seat anymore (by this point I had a pretty sore back). He must have asked for his training wheels at least 10 times so I told him over and over I was about to go and get them. That was the ONLY way to convince him to ride.
Within 10 minutes he was racing around at full speed. He was so close to crashing into all the scattered poles on the school court that other parents were nervously watching. At one point he did a 360-degree spin and then his head hit the concrete. Luckily, he was wearing a helmet and was quickly back on the bike. There was no stopping him! One week later and he's quite the pro now, managing to turn corners and curves with good control.
A photo of Ashton riding his bike:

Hayden on his rip stick:

Since Noah didn't have a bike or rip stick he ran and ran until he was exhausted:

Ashton at the movies wearing 3D glasses and enjoying a soda. I took the boys and Hayden's friend Alec to see Toy Story 3. They were excited about getting the popcorn and soda since I so seldom let them have it except for the rare treat:
No comments:
Post a Comment