Everyday for the past 3 weeks I have begun the day saying the same thing to myself; 'I have to update my blog today'. There really aren't enough hours in the day for mums to accomplish everything they want too, but finally TODAY I am making a little start on cathcing up.
Only problem is figuring out where to start.
I guess I will start with something of a serious nature that is really important for any mother, wife, grandma or woman.
Two months ago my good friend Nicola of 27 years was breastfeeding her baby when she discovered a lump in her breast. Approx. 2 weeks later she had her whole breast removed (which was still full of breast milk) and she is now having chemo and radiation.
One month ago my balloon teacher, Alice, was in bed early in the morning with her 2 girls. Her 2 girls were snuggling with her, being silly in bed and rolling over her as kids do. Alice covered one of her breasts to protect it and felt something strange. Her neighbour gave her the push to get it checked and a few days later she had a large part of her breast removed. She is now undergoing 6 months of chemo. Had she waited just 4 weeks longer to do anything about it Doctors told her it would've been too late. Her breast cancer is already Grade 3.
I'm mentioning this on my blog because these 2 friends are really important to me and special people.
Their lives have changed so much in just a few weeks. And their kids and husbands lives have changed too. The emotional drama of surgery, constant doctor visits and treatment is taking a toll.
Their diagnosis has been a BIG wake up call.
I for one, never take the time to check myself. I don't even think about it. It's just so easy to think, 'well, it won't happen to me'. But now I realize how important it is.
So if you're not in the habit like me, nows a good time to start. And every time I need to remind myself of it I think of my two dear friends who are so grateful they discovered their lumps before it was too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment