
Here is an example of a mum loosing her mind because she's too busy and has too many things to remember:
On Thursday morning when Hayden woke up I gave him a hug and said happy birthday. The boys and I went downstairs and sat on the floor together to talk about Hayden's special day. Then Ashton suggested we sing happy birthday to him, which we did. Then I told Hayden he could go and get the present that I had wrapped for him. He was excited to get the leather jacket he had seen in the shops a week ago. Tony came into the room and joined in the little celebration and listened to Hayden read what I had written in his birthday card. It was a nice, happy, peaceful morning.
Dear Hayden,
Happy 8th Birthday.
We love you for so many things;
We love you when you take care of your brothers.
We love you when you help us out around the home.
We love you when you listen and obey.
We love you when you smile and laugh.
We love you when you act responsible and do your chores (ie. bring the rubbish bin in every Monday).
We love you when you are reverent in church.
We love you when you make an effort to do your homework.
We love you when you are kind and caring.
We love you when you share things with us about school.
We love you when you read in bed to Ashton and Noah.
We love you for answering the phone so nicely.
We love you for being so talkative and friendly to other people such as our neighbours.
WE LOVE YOU ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT... AND WE ARE SO GLAD WE HAVE A 'HAYDEN' IN OUR FAMILY! xxxxxxxx
After Tony was finishing up his breakfast that morning he says to me,
"Sooo, Hayden's birthday is June 24th"?
Of course I am thinking to myself, Good grief, 8 years later and he still can't remember the date Hayden was born!
"No, June 25th" I reply.
"Oh," says Tony, "well that's tomorrow, not today!"
No wonder Hayden seemed slightly confused, although he defintely gets brownie points for listening and obeying that morning:)
Hayden decided he wanted to celebrate his birthday with another sleep-over so he invited 2 friends from church (Nathan & Thornell) and 7 friends from school (Alec, Alexander, Gian, Jamie, Kalib, Amber & Paula).
Friday evening came with great anticipation for Hayden. He and his friends were talking about it all week at school. We started the party by making balloons and then we played a few games, opened presents, blew out the candles on the cake & ate waffle ice-creams. The girls went home just after 9.30pm and the boys continued to run wild through out the house having fun with their balloon laser guns (the girls were invited to stay the night but their mums were unsure about them having their very first sleep over with a bunch of over-excited boys). Our house was super-duper noisy Friday night and through to Saturday morning - nothing unusual in the Nizetich house (just 7 extra decibels higher than normal).
The laser gun I made for the boys;

The party begins (note Ashton on the left; he is holding up the school sheild he won at assembly on Tuesday. It was his first time winning it, and he has been so proud of himself, hence the reason it has to be in the photo!)

Lots of dancing and climbing on top of each other:

Getting ready to blow out the candles:

Hayden with Amber and Paula:

Yummy waffle cones:

The boys were constantly tackling one another and loving every minute of it:

Hayden's sponge cake with whipped cream and jam in the middle, decorated with spiders. I didn't have much time to decorate, so I figured I would make it nice and easy for myself by grabbing the spiders from our Halloween box:

Opening presents and reading birthday cards:

Movie time. The boys watched Astro Boy and Planet 51. At 1:15am when the boys were still laughing, talking and being silly, I had to turn mean and grumpy to get them to sleep. Hayden and Alexander were wired and took forever to settle down. I slept on the couch to keep the boys in control and out of mischief:

Breakfast. Although Tony was in bed at 10pm with Noah while I was left to take care of 9 boys, he awoke early on Saturday morning to make French toast for everyone. The kids loved it and it was very yummy:

Hayden looking cool and proud in his new leather jacket:

The spider balloons I made on either side of the birthday banner. I am taking a balloon making class and am learning to make some very cool things:

The sleepover was another great success as it was last year. However, it was a very full-on birthday celebration and Tony and I were so relieved none of the boys got hurt with all the karate fighting and jumping on top of one another (boys will be boys!). Despite the boys going to sleep at 1:30am they were awake at 6:30am. I actually got 5 hrs sleep, although it was very broken sleep as one of the boys was having bad dreams and kept crying out in the night. The same boy wet his sleeping bag in the night and was actually drenched in pee from head to toe come morning. I managed to get him showered without the other kids noticing what had happened. That being the only 'incident' to deal with was pretty good I say! Two years ago we were celebrating Hayden's 6th birthday. Now he's 8 and before we know it he'll be
10. He is growing up right before our very eyes!!!
4 comments:
I loved your post! Boys are 'action packed'! It usually took me a day or two to 'recover' from birthday party sleepovers, usually from the 'lack of sleep! I loved your balloons! ♥
Um, Loretta, I decided you're an overachiever. Or, more likely: I'm an underachiever. LOL! WOW! What a party! I have now vowed to throw better bday parties... and heathcliffe will makes waffles. :)
I agree! Fantastic effort Loretta. You make a great Mum and Hayden is one lucky boy having such a cool birthday party. Breakfast looked mighty yummy too! xxx
The party looked awesome Loretta and Tony! Yay Tony for making breakfast too ;)
I didn't realise you had sooo many kids there!!
Another great cake too.
Thanks for having Gian again.
Julia x
Post a Comment