Today is good Friday... the quietest day of the year when no one is working and all the shops are closed. Actually, Tony is working to do some catch up work while no one else is in the office. I am enjoying a day at home with the boys. Here I am blogging away, pretending that my house is peaceful and quiet, ignoring the fact that the TV is way too loud and there is fighting going on behind me. Actually, there is peace now as they've sorted the problem out themselves, and this post that I started creating earlier today has literally taken me 3/4 of a day!! About every other sentence I have had to stop typing to clean up a mess, clean out poopy pants, get food (at least 5 times!), hang out the washing, jump on the trampoline with Noah, answer the phone, vacuum up the spilt powder on the carpet (more snow for the trains), admire the lego creations and train track designs, help Ashton do some cutting, etc etc.
I've been really dedicated the past few weeks at walking in the evenings for 45 minutes. I like to take Noah with me and push him in the buggy as when I am walking up the hills it gives me a better work out and strengthens my arms. When we get back home Noah immediately tells me he needs to stretch (which of course he doesn't since he is pushed the whole time). Here is a cute photo of a little boy who loves to copy what his mummy does;

Ashton has been in school for 10 weeks now and yesterday we had his first parent/teacher interview. I am so relieved and happy that he is doing well at school and has such a fabulous teacher. His teacher (Mrs Davies) showed me a picture he coloured in and I think this is such a beautiful picture for a 5 year old.

Ashton loves to use every colour/crayon when he is doing a picture. His teacher gave me his collection of pictures during the first term so I have displayed them all on an artboard. Ashton is very proud of all his colouring-ins;

During the week, in our usual mad rush to get to school on time, everyone got in the car with their seat belts buckled up, only to discover the car wouldn't start due to a flat battery. Boy, I really take it for granted how nice it is to have a car that always starts and gets me so many places during the day. I called my friend Alice (the Balloonist) to tell her I'd be late getting to her place and she offered to take the boys to school for me. The boys were so excited to get a ride to school in her decorated 'balloon car';

While Ashton and Hayden were playing together this afternoon I got this cute photo of Noah lying on the couch with his dolls (he hardly ever plays with dolls, but for some reason this week he's taken a liking to them). Don't worry, he's very 'boyish' with them and although you can't see it in the first photo, one of the dolls has its arms and legs missing. Noah has been tossing the parts around the house!!!


A funny little story to finish off with:
A couple of Sunday's ago I made dinner for Caleb's family. I decided to make a chicken, broccoli casserole. It's a good thing I did because it turned out the family had been receiving way too much lasagne! I arrived at their house, but I stood by the car for awhile with the casserole on the front seat waiting for my friend Alice to arrive with her balloons. As I was waiting, the Bishop's wife, Nikki, came up to talk and 2 of her boys jumped in the back of my car to talk to my boys. As we were laughing and talking away (not paying too much attention to the boys) Nikki's oldest son aged 8 appeared from nowhere, and as quick as lightening took a running leap into the front seat of the car. Before we could say a word he had put his knee right in the middle of the casserole! About 20 seconds later after we'd gasped and checked out the damage, Nikki's second boy Nathan, age 7, literally flew from the back seat of the car to the front seat, planning on leaping out the front door, but in his quick haste didn't see the casserole and stood on it! By this point Bishop had approached the car, saw the look on our faces and the messed up casserole, and was shaking his head in embarrassment. It really ended up being quite a laugh because anyone who has boys can understand how something like that could happened. I think Caleb's family were hungry enough that they ate it anyway. I managed to grab a quick photo... for a knee and foot in it, it didn't look too bad.
2 comments:
I am so impressed with how great Ashton colors and stays in the lines and his creativity with colors! He's a budding artist! The casserole story was hilarious! I'm sure it wasn't to you. It reminded me of a story when I decorated a book shaped cake and told Michelle (8yrs old) NOT to touch it. We were in the car and of course her 'fingers' made 'an impression'. I was none too happy! How silly of me! Your boys are healthy, lively and 'all boys'! Be grateful they are healthy and active. Our sweet angel Kirsten turned '20' today! Horray! :o)
Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful life stories with us. I can just picture Ashton in his "imaginative" outfits. His coloring is amazing for a boy much less a 5 year old. He has always been very artistic and inventive. I once took a caserole to church in one of those Molly Mormon Casserole Carriers and just as I got to the door of the church, the whole thing slipped out of the carrier and smashed (glass dish) on the sidewalk....that one was all my fault! Thanks for sharing your testimony, too! Love, Sandi
Post a Comment