It was so much easier breaking him from it than it was with Ashton. In fact, I eventually gave up with Ashton as his strong-willed personality meant relentless begging and pleading for it (and somehow he would end up finding a dummy hiding in some corner of the house). In the end, it was something Ashton needed to give up on his own and that's the way it worked for him. It just goes to show how different each of our children can be, and what works for one, probably doesn't work for the other.
All week I have been telling Noah that he's a big boy now. He has responded every time with; "I'm not a big boy! I want my dummy." On Tuesday and Wednesday I had to drive him around in the car for 5 minutes so he would fall asleep without thinking about his dummy and a couple of nights this week I've had to sit with him at bedtime untill he fell asleep.
I think Noah deserves one of our family trophies this week for growing up. Actually, I sort of think I deserve one too, because it was so tempting and would have been so much easier to give in and say; "Oh, let him have it!"
Hayden and Ashton cleaning the car;


Hayden and Ashton cleaning their bikes. This made me laugh because Ashton was so focused on cleaning his bike tyres instead of the actual bike;

Ashton and Noah still playing with their trains at 11pm!! I had tried over and over to get them to sleep, but they were both wide awake and kept sneaking downstairs to play;

Ashton watching TV wearing his favourite cape;

Every two weeks Hayden is assigned a homework sheet that has 8 tasks on it. Aside from completing reading, spelling and maths, he also has to do things such as housework and exercise everyday. One of the tasks this week was to help Mum do a task at home. Below he helped me make cottage pie for dinner and then cleaned the dishes afterwards;


Ashton has a unique sense of dress at the moment. After he's had a shower he regularly comes downstairs wearing a cape, cap, necklace, a long sleeve shirt in the middle of summer and some sort of a weapon sticking out of his pocket;

I tried to take a nap on Sunday afternoon, but naps are usually cut very short because one of the boys always gets up to something they shouldn't. Last Sunday Ashton decided to tip some icing sugar (powdered sugar) over the carpet so he and Noah could pretend it was snow for their Thomas trains;

Noah's homemade birthday cupcakes that he took to Nursery to share with his friends;
1 comment:
That's a first I've heard, powdered sugar for snow! They usually pour out laundry detergent! That must have been fun to clean up! Your boys are so cute! Hooray for mom on sticking to the plan and getting rid of the dummy! High Fives! I told my kids the 'Pacifier Fairy' needed them for the new babies that were born and they had a shortage so all donations were needed! :o)
Post a Comment