Sunday, March 7, 2010

Noah's Special Day

Yesterday we headed through the country-side to the Glenbrook Vintage Railway Station near Waiuku, where there was a life-size Thomas train. The Station had several working steam engines that depicted different characters from 'Thomas and Friends'. Noah was in Heaven! I wish I had my camera out when we were approaching the station because as we were about to drive into the carpark, Noah looked out his window and saw Thomas puffing along the tracks, with lots of kids in the back of his carriage and lots of black coal smoke steaming from his funnel. I don't think Noah could believe his little eyes!!!


The Railway Grounds were packed full of miniature Thomas fans all wearing Thomas outfits, Thomas t-shirts and Thomas hats.

Sir Topham Hatt, the Fat Controller, was parading up and down the planks in his top hat, vest and black tail coat, saying hello to all the children, but Noah was shy and didn't want his photo taken with him. In fact, I didn't get a photo of him at all, but the man who was pretending to be the Fat Controller looked just like off TV (short and round with a very pudgy face!)

A few photo's from our day;

Here comes one of Thomas' friends, Molly;


Hayden and Ashton standing infront of Bulgy the Double Decker Bus;


I'm not sure which one this is. I probably could've asked some child wearing a Thomas t-shirt and they would have known straight off.


Daddy, Noah and Ashton sit down to listen to a Thomas story;


The boys go for a ride on Molly with Mum (Noah also went for a ride on Thomas with Daddy but I never got a photo because the boys and I were too busy lining up for food and eating donuts);




Ashton enjoying the views out the train window;


Noah and Hayden on the train. I told Noah to smile and this is the face I got!


Noah is looking a little worn out from his day here, but it didn't last long as 10 minutes later he jumped from one seat to the next and wouldn't sit still. I was glad to get off the train by the time the ride finished and so was Noah!


Ashton on the train;


Noah pretending to drive the train;


The boys also had a play on Rusty but I didn't get a photo of him either.
We all had a fun day, although it was hot and long and we were glad to come home to a cool house and to all have showers. Our clothes and shoes were covered in soot from all the train smoke! Noah is repeatedly asking to go and see Thomas again.

No comments: