
Or maybe GROSS would be a better title! Like all kids, Noah hates getting his nose wiped. So I didn't wipe it and he still didn't care even when his nose got this bad! Ashton thought it was the funniest thing in the world that I took a photo of Noah's snotty nose...and Ashton loves to say over and over...SNOTTY AS A PIGGY!
On Sunday Tony spoke in Sacrament on ‘Receiving Revelation’. He did a really great job at presenting it and made people laugh in the beginning with a few funny remarks (he always enjoys adding some humour to wake everyone up). The boys were well behaved until the very end when they got fed up of sitting still. I didn't blame them as we were seated in sacrament 15 minutes early (for the first time in our entire lives) and we usually can’t get them to sit still for longer than 45 mins - okay, 30 mins. - okay, truthfully 15 mins!
At the beginning of Tony’s talk he introduced our kids and mistakenly said we had FIVE of them which surprised and confused a lot of people we didn't know. Tony had no idea he said it, but it was a great joke after sacrament with everyone making comments through out the rest of church...maybe they're having twins and haven't told anyone, maybe Tony has two kids Loretta doesn't know about, but the biggest joke being that while Tony was giving his talk he received REVELATION that he should have two more kids! Mmmmmmm…ah, no, I don’t think so!
Tony received a calling as Sunday School teacher to the teenagers. I think that’s a perfect calling for Tony since he teaches well. The teenagers need someone young who they feel they can relate to and someone who will sometimes be funny without taking Sunday School too seriously. I also got a calling…2nd Counselor in Primary. It’s funny how you get a new calling and everyone congratulates you like you’ve just won the jackpot (at least they do in our ward). I’m looking forward to getting into my calling as a whole new primary presidency was called and I really like the other two girls that were called. I have to admit though, it has been so nice not having a calling for the past 4 months!! It’s been nice to just turn up to church on Sunday without having to prepare anything, or having any meetings to go to…like I do this Thursday!
Tony received a calling as Sunday School teacher to the teenagers. I think that’s a perfect calling for Tony since he teaches well. The teenagers need someone young who they feel they can relate to and someone who will sometimes be funny without taking Sunday School too seriously. I also got a calling…2nd Counselor in Primary. It’s funny how you get a new calling and everyone congratulates you like you’ve just won the jackpot (at least they do in our ward). I’m looking forward to getting into my calling as a whole new primary presidency was called and I really like the other two girls that were called. I have to admit though, it has been so nice not having a calling for the past 4 months!! It’s been nice to just turn up to church on Sunday without having to prepare anything, or having any meetings to go to…like I do this Thursday!
A touch of innocence…
Ashton has a girlfriend at Kindy named Gabby. She is 4 yrs old and the cutest little thing ever. She seems to adore Ashton and often wants to hug him when he arrives in the morning. Sometimes she tells me, “He’s MY Ashton!” On Monday when I dropped Ashton off I made him use the toilet before he started playing. Gabby followed closely behind Ashton on his way to the toilet talking about what they could play with once he was done. Since the children at Kindy are only 2-5 yr olds there are 4 small toilets in a row with no doors and walls – completely open. So Ashton stood there and went to the toilet with Gabby literally right by his side watching his every move and neither of them thought a thing of it…they were so busy having a conversation with each other about this that and the next thing. Ashton finished up, washed his hands and off they went to play. It was just so funny to stand back and watch their innocence…Ashton not having a care in the world that a GIRL was watching him go pee, and Gabby not having a care in the world what Ashton was doing because all she wanted to do was talk to him.
Noah…
All in one week Noah has turned into a smart cookie and an annoying little brother!
He has been saying so many new words this week that we can’t keep track of them all. His favourite is ‘cracker’ (he goes to the pantry and points to the crackers) and ‘truck’. Unfortunately, he has trouble with the letter t and r in truck and replaces them with the letter ‘f’’…oopps! It’s pretty funny when he keeps repeating the word over and over again. In the evenings Noah often feels playful (like his brothers) and the boys enjoy some ‘rough n tumble’ with Tony. If Tony’s not around they play rough on their own and Noah joins in with no problem - sometimes being the roughest of all.
One night last week Noah wanted Hayden to play, but Hayden was too busy playing Play Station. So after Noah couldn’t get Hayden’s attention Noah found an orange that had rolled off the bench (counter) and decided to start throwing it at Hayden (thinking it was hysterically funny). He tried it several times, but Hayden was still involved with Play Station. So then Noah decided he would turn the TV off a few times. Noah got a reaction from Hayden but still no rough n tumble! Then Noah came over to me in the kitchen playfully trying to hang off my leg and pull on my clothes. I didn’t have time to play so Noah quickly gave up on me and went to find Ashton upstairs. Ashton seldom turns down a moment to play ‘rough’ so Noah finally got what he wanted! Then 5 minutes later Ashton squashed or sat on Noah and Noah ended up in tears!
2 comments:
That was v. entertaining Loretta!
LOVE Noah's two snots merging into one - just like a couple getting married how romantic! hehe
What does receiving a revelation mean? Someone rec'd a message (or 'word' where I cum from) from God 4 Tony?
& who 'calls' u 2 yr new roles in church? Do people on a committee decide who is most suitable 4 diff roles?
Wot does 2nd counselor in primary mean?? hehe all these questions!
re T's 2 unknown kids, Chris & I used 2 joke that he had another wife & 8 kids bak in the philippines.
Funny how N gets playful at nite, C does 2, speically after bath. He likes the game of 'tickle my doo doo & bum bum'.
I really like the new 'look' & the funny comments is a great & funny idea 2. Gd job! I've diaried 2 start our blog this w/e! I mite get it started since I'm here now ..
re Noah ending up crying after rough n tumble. Recall Ian Grant saying 2 mothers 2 let boys do it, but warned that tears r inevitable =)
Is great 2 hear stuff about u and T 2 - I keep meaning 2 suggest it as the boys will enjoy reading about u 2 as well.
Has Sandy been reading hte blog? Has T got skype set up yet? If not, I can give u our family address 2 test during the day as I'm in front of the pc usually.
take care, will read the rest =)
I just showed Gian this pic of Noah's snotty nose. We just looked at each other and started laughing! =D
Post a Comment