The morning after Juliet's baptism, her and I were in the bathroom together. Juliet was sitting on the toilet and alarmingly said to me, "Mum! I haven't heard the Holy Ghost yet! How long will it take for him to come?" That lead to a great bathroom conversation, and it was cool to know she was still thinking about everything the next day. Since her baptism she has been a lot more enthusiastic about Primary, and now she really enjoys reading scriptures too. To celebrate her special day, Grandma very kindly bought Juliet her first set of scriptures. And Primary presented her with a special box full of church quotes and lollies, an embroidered hat and some little bits of jewellery. She also received nice cards from people and other little gifts from those who were very excited for her.
Just before Juliet turned 8, I asked my mum to buy the beautiful lace dress that Juliet is wearing in the top photo. It only just fit her for the baptism. One day after school we headed to Long Bay beach to get some photos in her dress. The funny thing was, that particular day, Juliet was wearing bright pink floral undies. I started to take some photos, but soon realised her undies were showing right through her dress in the sunlight. Something I failed to think of beforehand! We had to head back to our car in the beach parking lot and take them off. So in all the pics below, Juliet is undie-less! Free as a bird on the beach!
Oh, and one more story not to be forgotten. About two weeks before Juliet's baptism, I walked into our bathroom and Juliet was busy brushing her hair in the mirror. I immediately noticed some scissors laying next to the bathroom sink, and just as I said "What are the scissors doing here?" I noticed long strands of her hair in the rubbish bin. Unfortunately I over reacted with "what were you thinking, why would you do that!" as I couldn't believe she had cut long strands off right in the front, close to her forehead - right before her baptism of all things. Anyway, I calmed down and we had a good chat about never doing that again. She explained that some of her strands looked a bit curly, and she didn't like curls, so she figured it was best to just cut them off. Her brothers initially gave her a hard time for her new look, but she quickly found a way to temporarily tame her whispery little fringe with hair gel and lip balm. When Mrs Blau (her favourite teacher from school) recently braided her hair she commented, "Oh look at that, you've got lots of new hair growth Juliet!" Juliet remained silent, lol.
Below our favourite photos of Juliet in her lace dress:
We were all very happy to have Nana and Peter attend the baptism, and also Uncle Travis and Aunty Laura. Peter kindly baked his famous Anzac cookies to contribute to the refreshment table, and Laura came to church for the second time in her life. And lastly, Juliet's baptism wouldn't have been the same without her special little church friend, Summer. The girls have been best friends since their Nursery days....always giggling together, running around the chapel, hiding behind doors and under chairs, etc. When the formality of the baptism was over, in true Juliet and Summer fashion, they both ran in and out of the primary room squealing with happiness and laughter (probably on a sugar high from the cookies and milk we had for refreshments). After the clean up was done and everyone left, we all headed to Burger Fuel (Travis and Laura too) for some hearty gourmet burgers and milkshakes.



No comments:
Post a Comment