Friday, November 23, 2012

A Little 'Girlie' Moment

The other day after I got Juliet out of the shower we went into her room to find her some pj's.  She looked in her wardrobe and noticed some pretty shoes that she wanted to wear.  Her sounds and actions were making it really obvious she wanted them on her feet.  They were way to big for her, but I put them on anyway and then she held my hand as we walked down the stairs and back into the playroom.  I had to chuckle as she sat on the floor in her pretty glittery shoes while playing with hot wheel cars!


I don't recall the boys ever insisting on wearing something at such a young age.  It made me realize what a girl moment that was -  I love experiencing these new things!  There is a flip side to this of course.  The boys were always so easy to dress (even at age 4).  They didn't mind me choosing their clothes most of the time, but I wonder if it will be completely different with Juliet.   I reckon by the age of 2 1/2 she'll insist on dressing herself and wearing what she wants to wear.  Time will tell!

I also had a lovely 'boy' moment the other day.
After I tucked Noah into bed the other night I went back a few minutes later to check on him.  He was sound asleep.  I stared at him for a bit and could completely envision him as a grown man.  As I so clearly envisioned this, I felt a longing in my heart to hug him and feel his closeness.  I felt sad that he was so big and I couldn't hold him anymore.  So, I actually picked him up out of bed (still asleep) and held him for a few moments and savored the moment of still being able to hold my happy, cute, innocent 'little' boy in my arms.  I think I will always remember that night.



 The pic below is of Noah dragging Juliet all around the living room and kitchen this week.  She loved it so much she kept laying on the floor for more!

No comments: