Thursday, October 6, 2011

NOAH'S SWIMMING LESSONS

I have blogging fever this week (which seems to come and go!)

Four weeks ago Noah started swimming lessons.

Noah loves his swimming classes. On Thursday mornings when I tell him he has swimming today he always responds with a very enthusiastic, "YEAH, I LOVE SWIMMING'.

We have a swimming center 2 minutes down the road from us. Even though I've driven past it a million times I never thought to check it out until a few weeks ago.

It's a very small swim center and perfect for little children. They run 10 week sessions. After 10 weeks you can stop going or enroll in another 10 weeks.
Each week the children learn a new skill.

The ten week system allows you to monitor closely how much progress your child is making in the water. I really like this because we had Ashton taking continuous swimming lessons for several months and it took us quite sometime to pick up on the fact that he was in limbo with his swimming skills due to his class being too big and the teacher not being very good.

Noah's swim teacher, Zoe, is very good, very firm and there is absolutely no messing about. She means business! She also encourages the children's independence in the water very quickly.

Yesterday the skill for the day was learning to wear life jackets. Noah looks very serious in the pool and as if he's not enjoying it, but he assures me he is. When I asked him how come he wasn't smiling he said he was a little afraid :)




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noah is so good! I can't wait to come and watch him! Keep up with the blogging fever! Mum.