At around 5 months old I finally got her to take the dummy. That took quite a bit of persistence on my part, but now that she likes them she is happy to suck on any brand or make of dummy, not just a particular sort. I like the Nuk brand, my mum bought her some Tommee Tippee ones and then I have some unknown brand from the States...Juliet never knows what sort is going to end up in her mouth!
I stopped breastfeeding her last week. Part of me feels sad about this because I enjoyed the closeness that just her and I shared, but for whatever reason, she would take a couple of sucks from me and refuse to take more. I think she clued on to the fact that the bottle gave her milk faster and a lot more of it.
On a positive note though I am quite pleased to have my normal sized breasts back:) Full, extra large breasts are fun for awhile, but not so good when it comes to sleeping and trying to wear all your normal shirts.
Breastfeeding Juliet, along with trying to keep up with Hayden, Ashton & Noah, has been a whole different ball game to the 1st and 2nd time around. Juliet definitely knows what it's like to be fed on the run! She's been breastfed in the car, at cafe's, in the mall, at parks, at kindy, at basketball games....pretty much anywhere and everywhere!
From day one of breastfeeding her I haven't produced much milk which has meant 5 months of breastfeeding almost every 2 hours and then frequently having to top her up with a bottle. I honestly don't know how I managed to keep that up for as long as I did even though I don't regret it for a moment. It's certainly been one of the biggest challenges of my life!
This week (at exactly 6 months & 1 week old) Juliet has started sleeping through the night! WOO HOO, all mums know what a joyous feeling that is! Of course, on Tuesday night when she did it for the first time I automatically woke about 2am and tossed and turned forever wondering when she was going to wake.
She now weighs 15lbs and is in the 50th percentile for her size (it seems a bit boring to mention this, but I'm sure Juliet will enjoy knowing this when she's older, or when she has her own babies!). For the first 5 months she was in the 25th percentile and I'm sure Hayden weighed about 15lbs at 2 months old!
I keep watching her hair closely and get excited at any signs of growth!!! My mum assures me Juliet is doing well in the hair department considering I had as much hair as she has now at about 18 months old.
I haven't started her on solids yet, or spooned foods as such. She's definitely ready to be introduced to the world of food, but i keep waiting for everyone in the family to be present. One night this week Tony was home and it would have been a good time, but Hayden was at a friends house and he's been dying to witness her reaction to baby food. She has however, starting sucking on rusks this week and boy does she love those!
I have so many wonderful photo's to post of Juliet from 4-6 months, but for today I only have time to post these few I took yesterday of her trying to sit up. She's nearly sitting, but still topples over a lot. Just about every time I clicked the camera she toppled over right afterwards.
Below are 9 photo's of the same pose, just different facial expressions. I'm sure I could delete half of them, and to everyone else they probably all look the same, but in my eyes every photo is special and unique :)








3 comments:
Juliet is so beautiful, each photo shows a different feeling, happy, cute, surprised, confused.... I so miss her and holding her close to me. Grandma Sandi
Juliet is such a little dolly! She is so beautiful! Having a girl is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!
Love it! Like the last one :)
Julia
Post a Comment