Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Slightly Late Halloween Review

It feels forever since I've put posts on my blog. I've totally been lacking motivation to do lots of things lately, particularly the blog, but I'm hoping some of my normal motivation will start to return soon.

Although I'm a week late I am forcing myself to do a quick post on Halloween. Speaking of having no motivation, I was so tempted to keep the outside Halloween decorations neatly packed away in the attic this year, but for some reason I kept feeling as if I was cheating my boys! They were so grateful and excited that I decided at the last minute to get our decorations out, and the smiles on their faces were well worth the effort.

The boys in their costumes for this year:

Cute Ashton dressed as a transformer:


Hayden as Harry Potter:


Noah as Mr. Incredibles:




We had a busy day on the 31st as we had our sacrament presentation in the morning, a Halloween event at the American Club straight after church and trick or treating at my mum's late afternoon.

We also made 2 visits to our favourite pizza shop called 'Hells Pizza'. They had a deal on for the weekend that if the kids came into the shop in their costumes they could eat for free (providing they picked something off the kids menu). So all 3 boys had a great lunch that didn't cost a penny (gourmet pizza, chicken strips and potato wedges) and later that night we went to another Hells Pizza in a different neighbourhood and got more free food to eat the next day! Here a few photos of the decorations at Hells:

A skeleton behind the till ready to take your order:


Have a seat while you wait for your pizza. I tried to get the boys to sit next to this skeleton but they were all afraid (Ashton and Noah wouldn't go near it!)


Bones at the cemetry:


Daddy being silly:


Trick or treating in my mum's neighbourhood was very quiet this year. The boys knocked on a lot of doors where no one was home or no one answered, but it made it all the more exicting when someone did open the door to give them lollies. All in all, they still ended up with way more lollies than their little mouths needed!

No comments: