
I love this photo below because it is sooooo Ashton. At 6 years old he still hysterically laughs and giggles at silly things, especially any words that begin with the letter 'P'!

He absolutely loves strawberries (I usually growl at him for always sneaking them out of the fridge and not saving any for anyone else). As it is strawberry season I made him a buttermilk cake with whipped cream and strawberries in the middle and lots of delicious strawberries on top:

The boys get ready to dig in, but patiently wait while Ashton gets the 1st piece and I take a photo (note the incredibly cheesy fake smiles from Noah and Hayden - all they want to do is eat!):

The Saturday before his birthday I took Ashton to Chipmumks with his best friend James and the following Saturday he had a few of his class friends over for a playdate. I told him we wouldn't have a party this year since he had a big one last year, but as he begged me all week long to have his best friends over to play, I eventually agreed. We have been trying hard lately to encourage Ashton to have his own friendships as opposed to wanting to play with Hayden's friends all the time...so the playdate turned out to be a good idea. I didn't decorate and there were no games, the kids just had fun playing with hot wheel cars, bey blades and eating cake and ice-cream.
Friends from Ashton's Year 1 class: James, Sam, Archie, Jacob, Gi-ho, Briar and Tamihana.





I tried to think of something unique about Ashton at 6 years old and I don't think one can get more unique than the following....A month ago Ashton was getting out of the car to go to school when he accidently closed his thumb in the car door. It was a sad start to the begining of the day with lots of sobbing and tears. A few weeks later his thumb nail was more than half hanging off and Ashton bravely let Tony cut/pull the rest of it off. Ashton was so fascinated by his black nail covered in dried blood that he stuck it in a little plastic bag and took it to school to show his teacher and show the class at morning news time!!! It was very gross to look at, but very funny that Ashton wanted to carry it around to show everyone. Ashton has a fascination with all parts of the body including his toe nails! Frequently when I cut them he collects them in a small pile and also puts them in a bag to share for morning news!!! I'm sure his teacher is use to it by now and she is probably no longer phased by the things Ashton brings to class.

Ashton loves to play with his 3yr old brother Noah. Like all brothers, there are times when they drive and tease each other like crazy which leads to tears and yelling at each other, but 90 percent of the time Ashton and Noah are really good buddies and play lots of cute little games together for hours on end. In the photo below Noah is pretending to be a puppy (the headphones are dog ears) and Ashton is taking Noah for a walk telling him to sit, lay, sleep and eat:

In the middle of the year when Ashton was in New Entrance all the 5 yr olds put on a singing concert for the parents about keeping the water clean. One day I happen to unexpectedly drop something off at Ashton's classroom and as I put my head in the classroom door the children were sitting on the mat practicing their songs. Apparently Ashton was sitting on the mat not singing and the teacher snapped at him in a growly voice..."SING ASHTON". Her mouth dropped when she happen to notice me in the doorway (although after seeing me she quickly finished her sentence with the words "You have a lovely voice darling!")
During the actual concert Ashton took all the teachers (and us) by surprise as he sung/bellowed all the words to every song at the top of his lungs for all to hear! We were so surprised, but Ashton was singing with all his heart and he could clearly be heard amongst all his classmates. We were very proud of his efforts and his wonderful singing.

One day Ashton was not calming down from acting hyper so I decided to put him into Noah's car seat (being trapped with a buckle he can't undo usually calms him, although now he reads books in his room or gets sent outside). All was quiet in the house for quite sometime until Ashton came up with the brilliant idea that he could unbuckle the car seatbelt and somehow get out of the car still in the car seat. As he proudly wondered into the house it ended up being hysterically funny....only our Ashton would do such a silly thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment