For the past month (at least) I had been dwelling on the thought that I wanted to privately see our Bishop (without Tony knowing) to ask him to release Tony from teaching Sunday School to the 16 yr olds. I was feeling really strongly that Tony needed a new calling - especially in the midst of loosing his job. I felt it would really help him if he had a calling that gave him more involvement with other guys in the church that were really dedicated to their callings (he was definitely needing their influence and example). I also felt he needed to make more friendships so that he would have more support and more friends to talk too. And I knew a bigger calling would be a perfect answer to many of Tony's problems.
I had been rehearsing in my mind exactly what I wanted to say to the Bishop.
Then completely out of the blue Tony got called to be Executive Secretary over the weekend.
Tony will now be working alongside three of the greatest men in our ward; Bishop Murray, Albert Nuileua and Andrew Widdicomb (our awsome hometeacher that I've known since I was 13).
All that rehearsing for nothing, but I am so glad my prayers were answered.
No comments:
Post a Comment