A dummy, a blankie and Barney.

A funny shot of Noah devastated that he has to share his little red car with his brother Ashton. Life is tuff when you're two; sharing can be a very difficult and complex situation!

This is one of my late night posts so if I don't make sense it's because my brain is done for the day and I should be asleep in bed like every one else in the house!
In reference to the last post I forgot to mention that we go by Celsius in NZ so 0 degrees Celsius is 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
It was Hayden’s 7th birthday this Thursday. SEVEN!!! Ever since he started school I’ve completely lost track of him growing up, yet before he started school he seemed to be little forever and ever.
On Thursday morning he opened a card from Grandma and received some spending money and another savings bond for college (he gets one every birthday and Christmas). Then he opened his main present from us, something he has been wanting and wishing for since he was 4 years old: WHEEL SHOES. He was very happy to finally get them, but unfortunately I had to order them by mail and when they arrived they were too small. So, he continues to wait a little longer for the right size to be delivered again.




On Saturday the real celebration begins when he has 6 of his friends over for a pyjama/sleep over party. Help! It’s going to be a crazy party with 6 noisy, hyper, energetic boys in the house! I still can’t believe I’ve agreed to let 6 boys spend the night running and screaming around our house, jumping off furniture, kung fu fighting with one another and flying paper airplanes everywhere. Hayden and his friends are SOOOO excited about their big Saturday night plans!
Last night for dinner I made a pasta dish (an idea I got from a café when I went out to lunch with a friend in the weekend). The meal was eaten in silence which means it was a big hit! The boys loved it and gobbled it right up. It was so quick and easy to make, yet very healthy and yummy as well. Every mum knows how exciting it is when they try something new for dinner and their kids actually like it!
FRESH FETUCINE PASTA (cooks in 3 mins)
LOTS OF PESTO, OLIVE OIL, PINE NUTS, SMOKED CHICKEN, BABY SPINACH LEAVES, & SUNDRIED TOMATOES;

I found some time to get 'slightly' creative this week. This cork board has been sitting around our office for ages and so has a bunch of photo's of the boys with their Grandma and Grandpa. The boys enjoy being able to see the photo's displayed, otherwise they are seldom looked at if I put them into an album. I will keep adding to the board each time Grandma and Grandpa visit.
'Memories with Grandma and Grandpa'

Every afternoon Noah takes a nap from about 12-2pm. As strange as it may seem I always put him to sleep in his car seat. For one, the car is always warmer than our house since I have been doing errands in the morning with the heater going, and second of all, Noah falls asleep instantly in his car seat, but he will take forever to fall asleep in his cot/crib. Oh and thirdly, if he takes an extra long nap and I need to do the school run I can jump in the car and start driving while he keeps sleeping. Noah particularly loves to fall asleep with soft toys to cuddle. Most days it is Barney and other days it is his two little black puppies;


The boys watching TV in bed together;

2 comments:
Hi Loretta!
I finally remembered to check for Gian's Bdy post (yet to get to it).
The fettucine dish you made looks bellisimo! It looks so gourmet-yr very clever and good you tried it so quickly after the cafe too. That's a keeper for sure huh? Family approval helps alot!
Julia =)
O yeh - Gian so excited about Haydn's sleepover party! I told him to behave and not get too excited and silly or you guys won't have another sleepover party again!
Post a Comment