So, I’m finally writing.....even though I really should be going to bed. Last night Ashton had a really high temperature and a sore throat so he spent the night in our bed. He coughed and groaned all night and I was so worried about his temperature that I couldn’t sleep. He has been miserable today and completely lifeless on the couch. Here is a photo of his sweet little face looking so sad and unwell;

I took him to the Doctors this morning, but he was quite convinced he needed to go to the ‘hos-ti-pal’ instead! (so I had to explain to him that he was sick, but not that sick). On our way to the Doctors office an ambulance drove past us with it’s siren on and Ashton asked if it was for him (so I had to explain once again that he was sick, but not that sick). Funny how the male species develops pity for themselves at such a young age!!! His innocence was so cute. I have felt bad for Ashton that he is definitely not himself, but it has been a ‘wee’ bit nice that he has wanted to cuddle and be held all day. And our house has been unusually quiet since Ashton normally makes enough noise for 5 children. There has been no little boy running madly around the house with his cape on, jumping off the furniture, uncontrollably laughing and giggling, teasing Noah and continuously spreading lego, trains and cars all over the living room floor.

Noah went to the hairdressers yesterday for the second time in his little life! All he needed was a little trim around the ears which I could've done myself, apart from the fact that Noah will not sit still for me for anything in the world. His first experience at the hairdressers was not pleasant and he cried so much that he had tears streaming down his face, but yesterday he sat in the chair like a big boy, completely still with no fuss at all. When the hairdresser had finished Noah got down from the chair and started jumping up and down saying, “I got my hair cut, I got my hair cut!”
I spoke at a baptism last weekend. It was my first time so I was a little nervous, but I delivered my talk on ‘baptism and the Holy Ghost’ really well (thanks to some help from above). It was a great baptism with an excellent talk from our primary president on repentance. She brought along props and showed a clear jug of water, to which she added food colouring to reperesent the sins in our lives. She then used vinegar to make the water clear again and clean the sins away. There were a lot of non-members who attended and I think our talks really gave them something to think about. The 8 year old boy who got baptized was Maori and his family had a huge spread of food afterwards for everyone to enjoy (Maori's and Polynesians love to celebrate with food).
Hayden has recently had his first experience of selling chocolate bars as a fundraiser for his school. Before he went out selling we asked him what he should say when he knocks on someone’s door and his response was, “Hi, do you wanna a chocolate for $200”!! So we decided he needed some lessons in being a sales rep and did some role playing at our front door. We all took turns knocking on the door and showing one another the proper and polite way to introduce yourself and sell something. With in no time at all Hayden got the perfect speech worked out; ”Hi, I’m Hayden. I’m one of your neighbours and I go to Pinehill School. My school is raising money for……”. However, when it came time to actually knock on someone’s door Hayden got really afraid. I literally had to drag him to the door and force him to stay until someone answered. We took it slow (I did all the talking for the first couple of houses) and eventually Hayden realized there was nothing to be afraid of. He then got so good at it that he loved it and got excited about knocking on every door! He still spoke rather timidly and quietly, but he got such a big smile on his face every time someone said they’d buy some chocolate.
We had an awesome sharing time last Sunday. Occassionally we have different couples come into Primary to talk about their Eternal Family or a special experience they've had. The couple for Junior sharing time had just returned from a mission to Ghana, Africa. They set up a lap top and showed the children photos of where they stayed, what they did, what the African children looked like, how they dressed, etc. We learned that every 30 seconds a child in Africa dies from Maleria. We learned that most families can’t afford $2 a week to have all of their children in school so many times only the boys will attend. We all learned so much from this sharing time and the children were so quiet and fascinated by the photos. I don’t know how I’m suppose to beat that next week when it’s my turn!!
1 comment:
o wow I'm so glad I don't have to share anything in front of church! Hate public speaking. Guess that's why its good our kids practice show and tell/sharing and speeches at school. I never got used to it tho.
Hayden sounds cute with his choc selling-good on him =)
Julia
Post a Comment