A few seconds later:
"What the heck is the Queen anyway?
Is it a boat or something?"
I'm not sure if the Queen would appreciate that, but I thought it was pretty funny.
On the topic of little funnies...
Last week I asked Tony to get me some huggies nappies from the supermarket. He came home with nappies as I had asked, but I was curious as to why he had bought 'girl' nappies.
Tony: "You mean they make nappies for girls!"
Me: "Can you not see that the packet is bright pink with a little girl on the front!"
Of course they are all the same and Noah is none the wisier that his nappies are pink this week.
I took Hayden for a speech assessment this week as his teacher was a little concerned that some of his sounds were holding back his writing. After he was assessed I was told that he definitely has trouble with the 'th' sound (which apparently is very common up until the age of 8yrs) but he was able to make the sound if he was corrected. Apart from that, his speech is fine and there is nothing to worry about. I have to say that I was already well aware of Hayden not saying 'th' properly. The speech therapist then assessed Ashton who struggled with making the 'f, s & p' sounds. She referred to him as a complex case (simply because he struggles with more than one sound) and suggested he could have a few speech therapy sessions. We are going to find some way to work on Ashtons sounds, but it definitely wont be through therapy sessions at $80 for 45 minutes. The whole assessent for both boys was one hour long and cost us $170!!! What a scam. They added an extra $50 to the cost because Ashton was complex...even though both boys were only with the lady for EXACTLY half an hour!
At 2 years and 3 months Noah can talk full sentences now. He amazes me with some of the things he says;
"Hayden closed the door, I don't like it Mummy, I need a new nappy Mummy, I want some chocolate Mummy, that's Christopher's shoes Mummy!"
In the mornings before we get out of bed the boys nearly always come into our bed to cuddle and get warm. The other day Hayden was already in our bed when Ashton came in. Ashton climbed into our bed, put his arm over Hayden and snuggled up to him as close as he could. It was so cute. Ashton adores Hayden and completely beams when Hayden is kind and caring towards him. Unfortunately, when Ashton cuddled up to him, Hayden responded with a not-so-nice comment; "Get away Ashton, you smell like rotten spaghetti!" We've never had rotten spaghetti, but oh well! It mad me sad to see Hayden push Ashton away as I couldn't help but think that in a few years from now they will both be too big to cuddle together in bed. No matter how mean Hayden can sometimes be towards Ashton, Ashton will instantly forgive Hayden and want to be his best friend.
A few pics.
Noah thinks it's great fun to runaway and hide when it's time to get dressed. I took my chances of running downstairs to grab the camera for this photo as Noah is really good at going pee pee on the carpet in the few seconds that his nappy is off - luckily he didn't this time.

Hayden had 'Book Week' at school. All the children had to dress up as a character of their choice from a book. There were some really great costumes. This is a photo of Hayden's class and his teacher dressed up as Shrek. The whole school put on a big parade for all the parents and afterwards grandparents were invited back to the classroom to read to their grandchild.

Hayden dressed up as a pirate. Before school he ate his breakfast wearing his full costume; eye patch, plastic hook stuck on his hand and a pirate belt with a little knife stuck down the side. When he got to school he got shy/embarrassed and took everything off. He looked really cute eating his breakfast with only one eye, but unfortunately I didn't have time to take a photo.

Nana is pretending to be a sweet little old lady with a basket of poisonous apples. Ashton ended up believing Nana that the apples were poisonous and refused to eat one for morning tea. Ashton dressed up in his superman outfit.

Noah in his dinosaur costume sitting on the bench with his best friend Barney.

Noah's little friend Christopher turned 3. Noah had a fun time at his party....until the cake came out. He is still terrified of candles and cake. The photo shows Noah standing in the background refusing to sit at the table with us!

Noah and Tony get to work in the front yard and rake leaves together.

Noah takes the job very seriously.

Noah jumps on the leaves to squash them down. Tony's dad use to do the same thing with Tony when he was little.

No comments:
Post a Comment