I can't believe its been so long since I've done a post. I just haven't been able to get on top of things lately to give me the time to blog and I haven't had much motivation either. Normally I would be willing to stay up late and give up some of my sleep time, but I've been too tired after 10pm to stay awake. And I know that if I don't get to bed until late, it's a sure thing the boys will be standing by my side of the bed at 6am waking me up (whether I want to be awake or not).
We have had a continuing problem with moths in our pantry which has been such a drag. I've learned more about moths and worms in the last week than I ever cared to know. I had no idea that moths and worms can eat through cereal boxes and unopened packaging, or that worms could hide inside chip clips under the little rubber/tube parts that suction the clip together. They have been everywhere and in everything, to the point that I almost felt like crying last week! At least I lost some weight last week since I couldn't pick from the pantry, and I haven't had ANY chocolate since I sat down on the couch two weeks ago to eat a See's chocolate and then noticed a worm crawling over the side of the box. So I have learned lately that a female moth can lay up to 400 eggs and if you scrub your pantry out and still leave one egg down the side of the shelving or on a packet you will continue to have an infestation. It's just a nightmare!! The eggs are microscopic (a males eyes would never notice them!) but after examining every single packet of gravy, jello, etc etc I have noticed so many of them. Day by day I am working on my pantry carefully washing every can with soap and warm water and throwing away every packet. It's amazing how much stuff we keep in our pantry (not just food). I even have baskets and picnic bags that need carefully scrubbing and cleaning. The worst part is that we now have to replace all our storage of food. The nursery rhyme 'Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard and her cupboard was bare' is certainly true in our house!
I have been so tied up with church meetings, homework, Ashton continually wetting his bed and pants, never ending laundry, play dates, etc etc that I still don't have time to be doing this post....so I am going to finish off quickly with a few photo's over the last two weeks (see post above).
No comments:
Post a Comment