Tuesday, May 19, 2009

He's Not My Kid

While I am trying to find a moment to write this post, Tony is yelling from upstairs (in bed I might add – at 9:15am) “Loretta, Noah’s got a cracker upstairs and he’s eating it in the bed, Loretta, come quick, he’s making a mess everywhere, Loretta, oh my gosh what a mess, Loretta, Loretta, Loretta”…..I guess I wasn’t aware that Tony’s arms and legs got amputated while he was sleeping last night!

It is not officially Winter until June 1st, however, one knows when winter has arrived when you postpone going to the toilet because the toilet seat is too cold to sit on! Poor Noah hates having his nappy changed when he wakes in the morning because it has got so cold lately. He whines and cry’s when I use wet wipes so I have to run them under the hot tap first. I do not envy Tony at all having to leave for work in the freezing cold and rain, although at least when he gets there, he enjoys a nice warm office all day long. I, on the other hand, get to stay home in a freezing cold house that turns my lips blue. The scary thing is that it’s only May and the coldest month is August…it’s going to be a long and miserable winter if Daddy doesn’t buy his family a heater!

I have started taking Noah to a new music group at a local church by my mum’s house called ‘City Impact’. The two girls who take it dress up in Doctors outfits and sing and dance on a stage. There are always heaps of kids, the music is loud and it’s a high-energy, high-impact music class that Noah is slowly warming up to and beginning to enjoy with his little friend Christopher. After the singing all the mum’s head over to the churchs' very ostentatious café where cupcakes are provided for the childrens morning tea.
On Thursday mornings I always take Noah and Ashton to ‘Rhyme Time’ at the library. We’ve been going for several months and Noah loves it. In fact, it’s his favourite time of the week and whenever we drive in the direction of the library he begs and begs to go to 'song time'. He whines in his car seat saying, “I want to go to Library Song, I want to go to Library Song!” There are lots of little crawlers at Rhyme time and usually Noah is very careful around them, sometimes offering kisses and hugs to his favourite babies. But last Thursday, for whatever reason, he was feeling rambunctious and acting like a rough, tough, mean little boy- which is not like Noah at all. The first thing he did was walk up to a little Korean girl about a year old and push her over (it was a very gentle push and a feather could have knocked her down she was so wobbly on her feet), but nevertheless, she fell to the floor and Noah made her bottom lip go down. When I approached Noah to tell him it wasn’t nice to do that, and that he needed to help her up, he told me that Barney pushed her (he always walks around the library carrying his favourite soft toy which is Barney). I had no idea Noah was devilish enough to try and blame something he did on poor old Barney …he’s only two! I guess he’s learning from his brothers faster than I thought!
The second naughty thing Noah did at Rhyme time was to stomp his foot on one of the babies heads that was crawling on the floor. It was right in the middle of singing a song and all the mothers gasped in horror, which of course, was very embarrassing! Fortunately, Noah didn’t hurt her enough to make her cry and when I apologized to the mother she said her little girl was quite use to it from her two older brothers. Still, I have no idea why Noah would act that way and I really hope that he goes back to being the sweet and kind Noah that he usually is next Thursday. The odd thing is that it’s quite out of character for him and even when he’s trying to act rough he doesn’t pull it off well, because he’s so gentle! I’m sure all the mothers will be weary of him now!

2 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

I'm sorry to hear about Tony's arms and legs. I hope he will regain use of them soon!

Anonymous said...

Not likely huh Loretta?? ;)