JULIET'S CHRISTMAS LETTER TO SANTA (her spelling mistakes are included)
I fell like I’ve been a good girl this year (mostly). But I think my brothers (Noah, Ashton and Hayden) have been quite mean. Especially Ashton, so I think he should get lots of coal.
For Christmas I would like to get a lego set called Mia’s house, but for school I would love to get a new pack back and of course a 5$ Roblox gift card (I’m just wondering if your elfs can do stuff like that).
Another thing for school is some colouring pencils, I don’t like crayons that much!
For my bed at home I would love a small round pillow.
Back to lego, I would also love too small lego sets to take to rotorua so I have something fun to do and that’s all I can think of.
Christmas is my favourite time of year!
I bet your geting ready to take off to deliver the presents to the world!
-Juliet (9 & 1/2)
Up until this Christmas, Juliet has been a firm believer in Santa. But she noticed on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning things weren't quite adding up with Santa's delivery. I have about 15 rolls of Christmas paper, but she recognised every one of them. And she took careful note of exactly how the presents were arranged and moved between Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. She even mentioned the handwriting on the Christmas tags (in the past I've always had the neighbours write the tags) but this year I did it, and apparently my handwriting was far too neat as Santa should have really messy writing.
BUT, she was still determined to believe until she actually heard me admit he's not real. She'd already been defending Santa with her friends at school this year, and insisting he was for real (they probably thought she was joking with them!)
Even though I've broken the truth to her, she still has a little thread of hope that maybe, just maybe, he will come to our house next year and there will be a surprise present under the tree from him. Believing is much more fun 😉
And now for a few photos......
Introducing the photographer: Uncle Travis
Introducing the chef: Peter LOVES preparing the Christmas dinner. He knows the kids love chicken kebabs and kransky's, of which there are always plenty. Unfortunately every year we forget to take a photo of the beautiful salads he makes. Every Christmas we excitedly look forward to Peter's homemade guacamole, his chicken and pineapple salad, his wild rice and cranberry salad, his potato and gerkin salad, and finally his beautifully presented garden salad (which Juliet loves the most).
Introducing the kids and their 2020 Christmas gifts.......
An extremely happy 13 year old, Noah, got a 'curved' gaming monitor. The fact that it was curved was very important to him:
An extremely happy 16 year old, Ashton, got new Under Armour gym/running shoes that even have a bluetooth chip in the right shoe to track his running distance: (This is the one and only time I will let him wear shoes in the house and put them on the couch!) Ashton says they are so comfy to run in that he feels like he's wearing slippers.
No photos, but Juliet was very happy to get a lego set, and Hayden was very happy to get some expensive shoes, an expensive video game and a full tank of petrol.
Below; a few random shots on Christmas day. We're grateful to Uncle Travis for always having his fancy German camera on him that takes beautiful black & white photos. Otherwise there would be zero pics this Christmas.
Noah looking super cool and handsome in his new Under Armour t-shirt:
Noah looking super cool once again as he rides his bike down the street with no hands:
A rare photo of Ashton asleep on the couch. The last time he fell asleep during the day was about 10 years ago. Exhaustion finally caught up with him after waking up every morning at 5am to run to the gym for a workout. It's school holidays and most kids are taking advantage of sleeping in, but Ashton is very self-disciplined when it comes to fitness.
A cool shot of Juliet's hair:
Juliet asleep on Christmas Eve with her eye mask on. She wears this all night, every night because it helps her to sleep well, and she loves the feel of it. (Plus, she didn't want to see Santa!)
A very special Christmas gift from Juliet, made at school. She painted us a ceramic kiwi 'jandal'. (Jandals are a kiwiana icon in NZ) If kiwi's aren't in barefoot - which they often are - then they'll throw their jandals on and often wear them all year round.










No comments:
Post a Comment