ASHTON......He may be a super loud kid who sometimes drives us crazy by talking non-stop and acting ridiculously silly, but he's definitely been blessed with the most generous and caring heart.
Ashton loves to GIVE, even when he doesn't have money to give and even when his brothers have done something mean to him, GIVING and doing something nice for others is important to him. A little example of this:
Ashton's best friend Joshua just came back from holiday. His family was sad that their rabbit 'Sunshine' escaped out of his cage while they were gone. After hearing this Ashton immediately turned to me and said, "Mum, I know, I could buy them a new rabbit from the pet store and then Joshua wont be sad anymore."
Another example is that when Ashton has a little money to spend, he ALWAYS wants to buy something for Hayden and Noah.
Onto Mother's day:
When Ashton awoke he immediately ran downstairs and wrote himself a list of all the things he wanted to do for me:
He made me a lovely breakfast in bed - a bowl of toasted muesli with yoghurt on top and a glass of orange juice - which he prepared and brought upstairs on his own (while his brothers played on the computer). Then Ashton ran outside and down the drive in search of some flowers. He had to search for quite awhile since summer was over, but he managed to find 'one' little flower which he also gave to me in bed. He even tried to tend to Juliet who was downstairs crying for some breakfast. Meanwhile, Dad stayed in bed ignoring Juliet, just waiting to eat the rest of my cereal.......I think tony got confused and thought it was Fathers Day! And last but not least, Ashton gave me 3 different cards he'd made and then decided to put on 'Mama Mia' for me so that I had something to watch while I was eating. Ashton's certainly going to have a very happy wife one day!
I did get a lovely gift from Tony (JUST AS WELL) which was a 1hr foot treatment at my favourite Chinese place in the city called BLISS.
We then went off to church as usual and in the afternoon I went out with my girlfriend Julia to High Tea in Devonport:
I forgot to mention that part of what made Mother's Day special for me was also the Saturday evening before. We ran out of time on Saturday to go to the Mall so at 9pm Ashton begged me to take him to the supermarket so he could buy me some Mothers Day gifts. At first I told him "No way, it's bed time" and then I thought about it a little more and realized I shouldn't discourage him, I should ENCOURAGE him, even if it is late at night! Ashton and I had so much fun at the supermarket together. Ashton (age 8) had $20 in his wallet. He wanted me to leave him alone in the supermarket and was trying hard to act grown up and independent. He carefully picked out a couple of Mothers Day cards (not realizing that each one was $7) and as he was choosing them he was scanning up and down the aisle and looking out the corner of his eyes just to make sure I wasn't looking. Then he picked out a pair of pyjamas for me, a box of scorched almonds and then he spotted a big pair of 'ugg boots' with sheepskin inside. He really, really wanted to buy them for me, but he had forgotten to look at prices and add things up. Everything in his cart came to about $50. It took me quite awhile to talk him out of the ugg boots, pj's and cards, but I was touched he was so determined to buy them. I told him how happy I would be with his homemade cards and that scorched almonds were my favourite. I wanted him to have a little left to spend on himself and in the end he finally agreed.
Thank you Ashton for being so kind, generous and giving. You really made your mummy feel special. XXX





1 comment:
What wonderful memories! Ashton has an enormous heart for sure and kindness and caring beyond his years - well done Ashton for making Mothers Day so very special for your Mama. Love, Nana. x
Post a Comment