
This is exactly what I looked like this morning!
The morning routine before school can either go two ways; calm and pleasant or simply awful. Generally the boys are pretty good at getting up and getting ready for school, but I don't know what happened this morning.
I hate dropping my boys off at school and feeling like a bad mother. I so wish I could just remain calm all the time and not get angry or yell at them. I drove away from school this morning wishing I could replay the morning and have another go at facing the challenges.
When I woke up this morning I was quite on edge for several reasons;
*I wanted to make sure we got to school early which meant we had to leave the house at 8.15.
*I was worried about the traffic which has been really bad the last two mornings due to heavy fog.
*It was class photos at school today and I wanted to make sure all 3 boys had clean styled hair and clean uniforms (I still need to learn these things don't really matter!).
*Ashton woke up terribly grumpy with the attitude of 'No, I don't want to'.
*Noah was in his usual 'turtle moving pace' taking at least 5 minutes just to get his shoes and socks on and taking FOREVER to get dressed and eat breakfast.
*When I asked Ashton to get in the shower he hid behind a door and listened to Dad's ipod for 15 minutes (I had just assumed he was doing what he was told as I continued to get stuff done).
*I asked Hayden to fill everyone's drink bottles which he did, but he didn't screw the lids on properly and the bottom of everyone's school bag ended up with a puddle in it (hence wet book bags and library books)
*I also asked Hayden to get the lunchboxes into everyone's bag which he did, but then he sneaked 3 packets of chips and a chocolate bar into all three lunches (this is when I lost my cool because I'd asked him a couple of times what he was up to and he told me over and over 'NOTHING!')
*Despite all the commotion Dad did his usual thing pretending that nothing was going on around him....got his toast and cup of tea like usual and sat at the computer checking emails and face book. I swear the house could be on fire in the mornings and dad would never notice!!! (Oh, he did go and get a torch/flashlight for Ashton to take to school so that was something :)
*And last but not least, back to poor Ashton again, he got on the computer to play a game when he knew he wasn't suppose to (and now he his ban from playing for a WHOLE week!!)
So I pretty much OVER REACTED at the lunch boxes full of chips, but I think I was more upset at the lying. I should have just laughed and calmly put them back in the pantry! Why oh why do I take things so seriously sometimes!!
All the way to school the boys went on and on about how ALL their friends get lots of chips and chocolate bars in their lunchboxes so how come they can't! And then Ashton and Noah gave me their little speech that when they leave home they're going to have chips and chocolate everyday and as much as they like.
I thought on the way home that maybe I should do something completely radical to surprise the boys. Dinner tonight could be 5 large bags of potato chips and dessert could be a whole basket full of chocolate bars! It would definitely be a dinner to remember, and maybe they would eat enough that they wouldn't want chips the next day!
The last thing Hayden said to me this morning was; "Please don't tell my teacher that me and my friends shouldn't have lots of chips at school cause otherwise she'll talk to the parents and then I'll be really unpopular and not cool!"
Here's to a much better morning tomorrow and a NICE, CALM MOTHER WHO WILL NOT RAISE HER VOICE AND LOOSE HER PATIENCE!
2 comments:
Well, your day may have been bad for you, but I have to admit I loved this post because I read it to Heathcliffe and said, "See, See! I'm not the only one!" :)
Sounds like a typical day in the Kesler home! I hear you friend!
Post a Comment