Goodness, I feel like I haven't been on blogger for ages. So this morning I have spent the last hour relaxing, reading and enjoying friends' blogs.... and now I'm even going to post something (despite the fact that I really should be putting some washing on, cleaning up the kitchen, taking a quick shower and getting organized to head to the grocery store!).
During dinner we usually discuss things that went on at school that day. But last night was a little different. Out of the blue Hayden (age 9) announces:
"Mum and Dad sexed 4 times to have 4 kids."
This of course caused lots of laughter and funny screwed up faces showing complete disgust!!
I corrected Hayden and told him that the correct way to say it is that Mum and Dad had sex, not sexed.
There was more hysterical laughter until Hayden then says:
"And Ashton, don't you dare ask how you have sex."
Luckily for me he didn't, because Ashton (age 7) was determined to tell me (in a very serious voice) that if you have sex in the city you'll go to jail. When I asked why he said because there's lots of people and kids around. I have no idea where "having sex in the city" came from! Probably TV, not that I've ever let him watch Sex in the City (or have watched it myself).
Hayden then wanted to take the conversation a little further, so I decided it wouldn't hurt to give them a little information.
"Did you boys know that all girls have little eggs inside them and all boys have little worms inside them. When the eggs and worms get together it makes a baby."
That was quite enough information for Hayden and Ashton and they stopped talking about it, but Noah (age 5), who was sitting at the end of the table, lifted up his shirt, poked out his tummy, and said:
"The Mum and Dad put their tummies together and the egg goes into the Daddy's tummy and the worm goes into the Mummy's tummy and then you have a baby!"
That's a pretty good start to the "Birds and the Bees". At least they have some correct information!
4 comments:
This is hilarious! I love how open you were about it. Well done. :)
This reminds me, when we told Ephraim all about "the birds and the bees," he got very wide-eyed and said, "You and dad did that FIVE TIMES!!??" I laughed and said, "Actually many more times than that!" :)
That was sooo funny Loretta! I had a good laugh reading that. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to those questions though!
So funny!!!!
You handled it beautifully! I've never heard the 'worms' before, priceless! Hayden was pushing the envelope and got a big surprise! lol :o)
Post a Comment