Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Moments In Time

I think I've been a little sleep deprived lately...last week I went through the McDonald's drive-thru and asked for a 'Chicken Sundae'. And the other day, instead of making myself a cup of hot chocolate I made myself a cup of 'baby formula'.

Then last week, while driving in the middle of the day, I had to wait in line for my turn as officers did breath alcohol testing!! They were certainly pulling over the wrong person for that, but then I realized if they had been testing for 'alertness' I would have failed miserably. I'm actually glad that I was stopped that day because it has been a little reminder to me that I need to pull over when I'm drowsy (which seems to be everyday at 3pm when I pick up the boys).

Our baby girl is 3 1/2 months now. I am still getting use to the fact that we have a girl in the family as once in awhile I catch myself saying to Juliet, "Who's a good boy." Juliet is becoming so alert and growing so fast. It is amazing to me to watch how she is growing and changing, I am still fascinated by it 4th time round. A few weeks ago her arms and hands wouldn't do much other than go to her mouth, but now her little fingers love to play with my clothes while I'm breastfeeding her. If she hears a sound she's interested in (like the washing machine or a familiar voice) she turns her head, twists her body and arches her back in order to have a look. A few weeks ago she was in her own little world, only concerned with sleeping, sucking on her fingers and wanting milk.

She still wakes 3 times a night, but I still love every waking moment with her despite the hour...I know she won't be a baby for long. With my 1st and 2nd baby I remember getting pretty grumpy at the constant waking, but with each child my perspective has changed and wisdom has been gained. At night I am continuing to sleep on the couch with Juliet instead of upstairs for 2 reasons; 1. It is way too cold upstairs and I don't want Juliet getting sick (our living room is the only room with a heater). 2. This forces Dad to tend to the boys if they wake in the night from a bad dream or wanting to get into our bed. For some really strange reason Dad can't wake up for anything in the world if I'm in the bed!

We've had a few of these little disasters lately, but luckily all of them have been at home with the bathtub close by;


Our kitchen floor is frequently covered in baby spills, but again, luckily Juliet seems to know the difference between the kitchen floor and the carpet!! (for now at least);



I can't wait until Juliet is old enough to wear this little dress. It use to be mine when I was little and was knitted by one of my Aunties (I had a few Aunties that knitted so mum can't remember which one).


Below is a picture of me holding Juliet in her blessing gown. It is the same gown I wore at 6 months old when I was christened;

My mum holding me at 6 months old;

My mum has managed to keep it beautiful over the last 38 years, there is not one stain or imperfection on it.


Lastly, Juliet's favourite blanket that we only use on Sundays for church due to its fragile state. Again, a very special blanket from my babyhood, also making it 38 years old (I don't want anyone to forget my age after this post, lol). I am really glad my mum kept these special things and I'm hoping they will last for Juliet's daughter one day as well.


Some pictures of Juliet laughing at 3 1/2 months. A little tickle under the chin and a few silly sounds from mummy, makes for one happy baby! Her little laughing episode wore her out and she fell asleep immediately after I took the photo's.




2 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

Juliet is gorgeous and so are you! I hope you get some sleep soon!! :)

Anonymous said...

Lori, I loved your post! Juliet is sooo beautiful! Sleep deprivation is never fun. Please be careful.Those items from your babyhood are so precious! Enjoy your family! ♥