Monday, January 25, 2010

Santa's Mailbox

A couple of years ago I was having a browse in a second-hand shop when I came across a 'santa mailbox'. It was so cute that I bought it for $3, even though I wasn't sure at the time what I'd do with it. For the past two Christmas' I have put it by the front door at the beginning of December and the boys have put letters inside it asking Santa for the gifts they'd like;





This year Santa made a special effort to reply to the boys' letters. They were surprised and excited to open the mailbox one morning and discover a letter for each of them;




Grandma helps Ashton read his letter;


The Letters from Santa;

Dear Ashton,
HO HO HO! Thank you for your letter the other day. I’m sorry it has taken me awhile to write back, but the elves and I have been very busy. I have told the elves that you would like Lego City. Did you know that at this very moment they are busy in the workshop making it for you?!!
I have been watching you play with your brother Noah. You play very nicely with him Ashton. I also saw you being a good helper to your Daddy in the garden.
Before you get your Christmas presents I would like you to do a couple of things for me? Ashton, do you think that you could play a little quieter and remember to pick up your toys? I’m sure you can. Be good Ashton, and remember that I will be landing on the roof of your house with my reindeer in just 3 nights!!
Love Santa

HO HO HO MY LITTLE NOAH
This is Santa from the North Pole. I know you don’t like me very much, but I like you! I am very friendly and kind and I have lots of very special presents for you.
I see that you are a good little boy and very clever and smart too.
I want you to always remember to listen to your Mummy and Daddy and to share your toys with your brothers. Do you think you can do that Noah?
Remember to leave me some cookies on Christmas Eve.
Love Santa

Dear Hayden,
Meerrry Christmas!!!
Thank you for your letter in the mailbox. I understand you would like a DS and a nerf gun. I can’t make you any promises, but I’ll see what I can do. Rest assured you will get lots of nice presents from me and the elves because I know you have been good.
I have been looking through the windows of your house lately to watch you. You are a good boy for helping your mum make sandwiches before church and you are very helpful with your little brother Noah.
Maybe you could try a little harder to not shout at Ashton so much. You could also try a little harder to wash your hands after using the toilet without your mum always reminding you.
Remember to set a good example for your brothers.
I will continue to peak on you every few days….be good, not long now!
Love Santa

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Loretta, your blog catch-ups are fantastic! You have done a super job and the pictures are great too. Ashton made a good job of his hair!! Maybe he is going to be a hairdresser in the future?? You did forget to mention that everyone came to our place on Christmas Day and had a lovely time but that is okay as you can't be expected to remember everything! Love Mum. x