This year Thanksgiving Dinner was held at the Allely House in Kumeu - a beautiful cottage in the country.
The celebration begun with the usual address from the US consul general and then everyone stood to sing the American anthem followed the by the New Zealand anthem.
Our meal was throughly enjoyable, but still not without a little drama from the boys. Hayden and Ashton lined up to get their own food (it was a buffet line) and the only thing they got on their plates was mashed potato and bread (bear in mind we had to pay $18 for them to eat). Actually, Ashton had salad and fish and we did convince him to try a little turkey. Five minutes after we started eating Hayden begun to cry for no apparant reason other than it was 'too loud'. Tony took him outside to run around which made him cheer up and 20 minutes later he was scoffing down a ton of mashed potatoes and two big bowlfuls of pumpkin pie, apple strudel and homemade ice-cream. My meal was so delicious and the best dinner I've had all year. My plate was piled so high that the man carving the turkey looked at my plate and said, "You can't eat all that!" He was right, I couldn't, but I sure did try! Noah slept all the way through the main meal so I got to sit at the table and actually stay in my seat for the whole meal (what a treat). The seats opposite me and next to me were empty so I didn't even have to socialize while I was eating :)
Below are a few photos of us and the boys;




1 comment:
That is a very nice family photo!- April
Post a Comment