Shaurev (whom Ashton has nicknamed 'Foof'), Daniel, Jacob and John.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE STAR WARS JEDI! Ashton is still addicted to Star Wars and talks about it non-stop. He plays all day long with magnatix making spaceships, making LOTS of loud noises and sound effects and pretending that he lives in a Star Wars world. I really should have done a Stars Wars cake, although Ashton was very happy with his delicious homemade chocolate cake decorated with snakes.

Ashton and his friends at the party table;


Nana sneaks a kiss from the birthday boy;

Alice the 'balloon lady'. Alice was the highlight of Ashton's party as she came to the house and made all kinds of balloons for the kids. This was Nana's treat and present for Ashton as she wanted him to have something special...I won't mention how much she charged for 1 hour, but maybe I should start learning how to make balloons! Each child got to pick what they wanted her to make and she made all the boys swords at the end of the party. Ashton got to keep the big tall smiley face balloon in the second to last photo;

Ashton's best friend Shaurev;




I've had all year to prepare myself that this is the year I send Ashton off to school and he doesn't get to stay home with me anymore. On Ashton's 4th birthday I remember feeling soooooo grateful that I still had one more year of keeping him home. But this is it, he's finally reached 5 years old. Come February when he starts school, I will finally send him off into the 'world of school' for the next 14 years where he will change and grow so quickly, and in so many ways I don't want him to.
No comments:
Post a Comment