Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Trick or Trout 2014

I called this post Trick or Trout for Ashton.  This year a very famous actor/comedian named Robin Williams passed away.  I recently read that he had dyslexia.  He said that during Halloween he was the only kid on his block to go "Trick or Trout."  Ashton being dyslexic, found that funny and immediately said "that's something I would do" ...and something he does frequently do; pronounces words incorrectly because he hears the sounds differently to most.

This year Hayden decided to go as a basketball player.  Hayden's all about coming up with nice, easy costumes and keepin' it real!

Miss Juliet (exactly 3 1/2) dressed up as an elephant - her favourite animal.  After regular family trips to the zoo this year, with our annual pass, Juliet has fallen in love with the elephant.  The moment we get to the zoo she is begging to see it.  A couple of days before Halloween I went up to the attic and started browsing through the costume box.  I was so excited to come across an elephant costume given to me by a friend 10 years ago which I had completely forgotten about.  It was pretty exciting to find the perfect costume for her when I didn't even know we had it.

Contrary to the photo below she was SOOO excited to wear it (she was even begging to sleep in it one night).  She's a little grumpy in the photo and refusing to smile for Uncle Travis because she hadn't woken properly from a nap.
 Here she is pretending to be an elephant and making elephant noises.



Ashton (nearly 10) came up with the idea to be a hobo.  He was absolutely persistent that's what he wanted to be so Noah copied and they both went as hobos!  They/we pulled their costumes off about an hour before Halloween evening.  It was all very last minute with nothing planned, but they ended up looking great.  We pulled some old, unwanted clothing out of the wardrobe to put holes in, ran over to the neighbour's to use their moist gardening dirt and already had a big pile of long bamboo sticks in the garage. I quickly made up Ashton's sack and Tony did Noah's, the boys threw some gel in their hair, I covered their faces in bronzer, and just like that we were off for a fun evening of "Trick or Trouting" in Nana's neighbourhood with the Cadag family (Chris, Gian, Christopher, Buster and Milo).




No comments: