Well, I am desperately trying to make a come back to my blog! I have been THINKING about writing posts all week so I guess that's a pretty good start.
I have 4 or 5 posts that have been started (Ashton's baptism, Mothers Day, Juliet turns 2 & Missing teeth.) Now I just need to motivate myself to finish them.
I titled this post Pray for Others because there are people out there who really need it.
Ashton's teacher has been going through an enormous trial this year and that has really made me realize lately how important it is to continuously pray for other people. It's so easy to go about our daily lives forgetting what some people might be going through.
A few weeks ago Ashton's teacher was told that she had a cancerous tumor behind one of her eyes. On Wednesday she underwent a 13 hour surgery to have the tumor removed. Unfortunately, the Doctors had to remove her eye and her entire eye socket. It will take her 6 months to recover and I imagine it will be very hard for her getting use to only having one eye.
What a scary thing to go through, I can hardly imagine how nervous and afraid she has been. Many parents and teachers have showered her with cards, gifts and hugs during the past week. Last Friday was her last day at school. I think she spent most of it trying to control her tears as she said goodbye to her class and prepared everything to hand over to the new teacher.
I looked in the mirror the other day and tried to imagine how I would feel with only 1 eye. Needless to say, I have been extremely grateful for both of my eyes over the last few days. Mrs Hook is in definite need of strength and support right now, please pray for her.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about Ashton's teacher. When I had double vision I spent a few months with a patch over one eye and got a little taste of what it would be like to have one eye. I will be praying for Mrs. Hook.
Post a Comment