I made a last minute dash to the mall this morning to find coloured hair spray, but all the $2 dollar shops had sold out (I guess other mums were a bit more organized than I was). But it turned out to be a good thing as I discovered glow in the dark face paint which turned out to be way better and looked much brighter and thicker on their hair.
Next year we hope to get a little more creative, but for this year the boys were happy with just one colour in their hair. Hayden looked like a smurf, Ashton insisted on a green mow-hawk and Noah insisted on having his hair flat and yellow. Cool choices boys!
A few pics (not very good ones unfortunately, but better than none at all)





After the disco Noah told me that a couple of girls came up to him and said they liked his hair! That 'flat mop look' must have got their attention....ohhh, Noah :) The highlight of the evening for Noah was getting to buy glow sticks.
Hayden came home from the disco on quite a buzz. He said that for the first time ever he actually danced!! Woo hoo! He danced with Gian and Daniel and practiced some of his hip hop moves. Usually Hayden just walks around with his mates, or sits on chairs eating junk food. Of course there is nothing wrong with that, but it was great to hear that he enjoyed some actual dancing tonight. Another comment Hayden made was that the girls were soooo soooo annoying. He says they screamed with excitement every time a Justin Beaver song came on, lol.
Ashton says he had the best night of his life. When he came out of the school hall, after the disco was over, it was dark in the foyer and his hair was truly glowing. He was also holding 3 cans of soda, talking extremely loudly and acting a little unusual. I knew instantly that his whole brain and body was going nuts over a massive overdose of sugar! He found a $10 note under his shoes (which he'd taken off and had placed by a chair) and instead of handing it in, he bought 10 cans of soda with it. He says he gave away about 8 cans to his friends, but Noah tells me he saw Ashton sitting in a corner with his friend Tae Woo, drinking soda 'lots of times'. Finding the money and enjoying all that soda was a huge highlight for Ashton. I guess it's pretty obvious I seldom let my kids drink soda!
2 comments:
Those boys are so awesome!!! Talk about cool kids with their coloured hair! Great to see them sooo happy and good for you Hayden for trying out some dance steps. Great post! x
It's Justin Burner, Mum! Not Beaver! I mean, really? -Noah
Post a Comment